Gcode problem for plasma cutting start

I am using for years now Lightburn for home made laser machine with GRBL.
Now I want to use it aso for a plasma cutter I build myself also with GRBL. This machines works great but I want start using the Lightburn software because all of its advantages. It has kerf, pierce delay, lead-in. The only problem I have is that when a path starts (pierce delay 1 sec) the torch starts and after 1 second the movement starts but at exact that moment the system (very shortly) switches off the torch.
Gcode beginning of a path:
M5
G0 X177.534Y109.266
M3
G1 F100 S1
G4 P1
G1 S0
G0
M5
; Layer C00
M3
G1 X177.423Y109.03S1F1400

If I remove the lines with code:
G1 S0
G0
M5
everything works fine. If one of these lines remain the problem also remains.

How can i setup Lightburn that these codelines are not generated.
Ofcourse I can use an editor to remove the lines and use another program to execute the code, but my preference would be to control everything within Lightburn.
Maybe a specific PLasmacutter switch??

Have you reviewed @bLouChip’s Topic on this? If not, worth review. He covers his findings on optimizing LightBurn for plasma cutting and employs the new custom g-code generator.

Looks interesting, where can i find this Beta release so I can give it a try.

Beta is no longer necessary. The functionality is available in the 1.5.00 release that came out yesterday.

I just installed it and will check tomorrow. In a first look I cannot find the mentioned function Custom GCode?!

This requires that you create a new device. You select “Custom Gcdoe” as the device type when you do so.

Everything done! Works great! I could adapt the gcode to exact what I needed. I can design now on Lightburn and run immediately on my plasma cutter without any problem.
This Custom Gcode is a great addition.
Thanks also for the quick responses.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.