GweikeCloud over network Anyone succeeded?

Good afternoon,
Has anyone succeeded in connection of a Gweikecloud machine to Lightburn via either wired or wireless network instead of via usb?

I bought a $12 t-link wireless bridge → Ethernet on the laser and used it for quite a while before the Lightburn PI bridge came around. It has a software layer to help with the Ruida using UDP for communications… I had a PI so I just downloaded their software, wrote the image to an sd card and it’s been running…

I can’t find my order as it was quite a while ago. It was a tp-link N300 bridge… Don’t know if this is the current version or not, but should work fine…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Unfortunately the ethernet on the gweike cloud only transfers image data, not control data. :frowning:

I’ve assembled more info on this and everything else I know about the Gweike Cloud in a post here:

Interesting, I would have thought it would be the same animal… sans the console…

Thanks for posting the information/link… good to know… I bookmarked it…

Any thought that it may operate differently with the addition of a Ruida machine console?

I don’t know if there is a software way to read the firmware version.

Have you seen this at about 2 minutes in…?

Me too, But I talked to the Gweike support back and forward for quite a while, and I’m pretty confident this is correct (I really didn’t want to believe it :sweat_smile:).

I honestly have no idea, I’m sorry! But if someone finds out, I’d love to know, because the USB cables are less than idea… I don’t get too many cut errors, but the camera drops out with almost every job I run, even when I use an insulated cable as short as I can manage (given the usb ports are on opposing ends of the machine).

I hadn’t seen this, but I got the impression that the Polar machines aren’t a direct clone of the Cloud, I’ll still try and test this when I have a moment though, thank you!