Has anyone here added the CCD camera add-on with the RDV6442G controller to an existing machine?

We just ordered this system below, and I am aware that the camera is not compatible with Lightburn (Not just yet anyways) and that I will be using RDVision works for now when utilizing the camera option. My question is geared more towards the install of the new conroller and camera itself. What issues, if any, did you run into during the install. How about pulling the settings and parameters from the current controller (I believe it is the RDC6332M) on my machine and loading them into the new RDV6442G controller, how does one go about that? Is there any literature anywhere that im missing explaining the steps to do this? Any tips or tricks tips would be great, Thanks all.

I think most of us just hook up one of Lightburn supported cameras and use the Lightburn software for alignment.

It looks pretty large to have mounted on the lid…?

I’ve never seen this thing, but I’ve got $100 bucks, maybe, in my Lightburn Pi Bridge/camera that is using a ‘hack’ on the pi to stream video to Lightburn.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

@jkwilborn that camera isn’t meant to be mounted on the lid. It’s a head mount. It’s a a cheap camera with a varifocal lens and a microscope’s ring illuminator. Probably less than $100, but there’s an aluminum bracket.

These things make the head super heavy, and the camera lens is unprotected. No air purge, not even a flat glass cover. It will foul quickly. You need to route the USB through the X and Y drag chains which is a trick because the USB “A” plug is so large.

This is only for RDWorks. LB does not currently support head cameras. But, stay tuned…

@jkwilborn, yes, as @Dannym mentioned above, this is an axis mounted camera. It is meant for reading registration marks and contour vision cutting ability. That is why it comes with the included ruida vision control panel and rdvision works software. We do a lot of flatbed UV printing, and being able to accurately cut after printing is what this system is for.

That helps clarify… I’ve worked hard to get as much mass off my head… :crazy_face:

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I have gotten excellent results with the 16MP Arducam! But you also must have a lens locking ring and a specific varifocal lens to make good use of the available pixels and essential for OpenCV to be able to flatten the image correctly. Image quality is awesome. Lid is surprisingly repeatable.

Thread here, with links for the necessary equipment:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.