Hat patches keep me busy

Where do you buy your hats?

If itā€™s just a few Ebay, but if I need 12 or more cap wholesalers

1 Like

Thanks, individual sellers was what I was looking for. Do you happen to remember the seller, I wasnā€™t about to find the flag back oneā€™s?

Here is where I usually order from.

1 Like

Can u share your setting for cutting and engraving?

450mms 18% 350dpi cut them at 35mms 40%

Thank u for your respond really helps narrow it down when testing. Taking advantage of your kindness can u let me know when u get your leather from? Donā€™t use real or faux? Any info will help thanks Iā€™m advance

This stuff is leatherette from JDS, designed for laserā€¦

How far off of the leatherette surface are you focused? One website says to focus directly on it, another says to back off about 1/8". Thanks in advance!

Iā€™ll have to measure, I just use the little plastic piece that came with my laser as a guide.

1 Like

Oh okay cool. Thanks for the info!

I get Customization on my Richardson 112P trucker hat i think embroidery or print is much last longer than patch.

I got some custom patches on my hat from https://vizapparel.com/ they used heat transfer tape and press, maybe it is last longer than CA glue

I do a few patches, these are real leather though and I cut them out with a die rather than with the laser.

6 Likes

Very clean and beautiful work, congratulations.
Just missing data of the procedure.

So if leatherette from JDS is only wholesale are there any dealers that retail sale it?
How about a group buy from someone here with a Tax ID number?
Could you measure the thickness of the leatherette and let me know?
I might be able to use it for pool cue wraps.

Hey everyone Iā€™m a newbie to the forum and I found this thread. I mainly do patches for hats. I have been using the fielblings leather cement for my glue. This works good, itā€™s time consuming. I am looking for a sheet that I can attach to the leather then cut the patches, then heat press the patch onto a hat. I have sampled Madiera ( I think that is spelled correct).

I use A company named Madeirausa they sell a roll of doubled sided glue that has to be heat pressed on the patches then cut and then applied to your cap
4220-19-10 E-ZEE Heat Seal 5ml

Hereā€™s the good stuff ā†’ https://hydbond.com/

1 Like

Hi Dadā€¦ Are these 13.00 and change per cap, or per dozen? I canā€™t seem to find that answer on the E-bay. In a previous life, I used to print t-shirts and caps for a side hustle.
Iā€™m into work working with a small lathe and stuff. Iā€™ve got a CO2 laser now and was kicking the idea of caps. I think I have my old cap press stowed away somewhere.