Hat patches keep me busy

They probably are now, i haven’t bought any from there in a while. I found a contact who can buy from Richardson, so they cost me roughly $8.30 each now.

Thanks Dad… Not sure if I can make any money on them in my part of PoDunk USA… Appreciate the info though.

When you are in JDS web page look for there leatherette sheet stock the leatherette with the glue all ready applied will be at the very end of there listing all colors few bucks more but well worth

I dont like the new adhesive backed leatherette.

The cold enough one looks like it is raised lettering. Did you paint it and remove the paint with a laser, the others look engraved. Nice Job.

They are just different coloured leather.

Do you use glue? I’ve gathered from reading you dont use a hat press. Someone was going to let me use their hat press but if I dont need to I won’t

Don’t these reqire a hat press?

The new leatherette is adhesive backed, you can use a hat press if you choose to, but I still use glue. it would be faster to do them on a hat press but I didn’t want to sped the extra $$$ to buy a good one. So I used AKFIX 705 SUPER GLUE that I buy on ebay.

Hi Josh: I have been watching your patches for a little while now and just now had a thought. Do you remember that kids toy putty called “Silly Putty” ? If you can find it, use that to stick to the face of the patch, pick the patch up, flip it, glue and stick it to the hat. Might hold the patch down with other hand / finger while you pull the putty off. Then do your final hard finish press? You might keep glue off fingers. I just did quick e-bay look, you can still buy silly putty. Might give that a try. I like your patches by the way!!
Randy

Do you make those custom patches yourself or do you use a company for them?

Wilbur, thanks I am always looking for inspiration for new patches. I’ll check it out.

I’d expect you to say that, because you’re getting paid to say that. :moneybag: