How to calibrate Ortur Laser Master 2

I’ve downloaded single line fonts to engrave. This ttf font must have close paths (makes a loop), so the second line goes directly on top of the first.

However in reality the second line does not always go over the first. See picture below. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Greetings

Seems you have a X belt tension problem in your hands

Orturs by default do not need to be calibrated, however belt tensions might be a problem

Could you do this for me.
Unplug all wires
move head to the center of the machine
Lift the left side of the machine, so its tilter 45º. Do head move to the left by gravity alone?
Repeat on all sides please

if the movement isnt smooth and the head move by gravity alone belts might be too tight

Regards

Do you mean if i tilt it 45 deg, the laser head should slide down via gravity? Or should it stay still in the middle?

It should slide on its own by gravity alone.

I tried playing with the belts and how tight or loose will have impact on the engraving. Still can’t find the optimum

I also realize engraving at a lower speeds help to minimize this issue. I still cant get it perfect without double lines.

I wonder if this is just an Ortur issue, being it a low cost laser for hobbyist.

1 Like

Might be squareness too
Did you try rolling the gantry to the very back, compare left side to right side
Are both wheels touching at the same time the back frame?

I have a rafter square and the laser frame not 100% square though. Maybe about 0.5 degrees off. Just a tiny bit as I can still feel my square move.

I will try to adjust it and let you know. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.