How To Center Object Being Engraved

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to get an object, that I am engraving, centered in the hardware (Ortur Laser Master 2 - 20w). We are etching/engraving the back of ACM panels and some sizes are 16 inches by 20 inches. The oversized pieces of ACM are easy to engrave but the smaller ones (like 16x20) are really difficult to center.
Anyone have any suggestions or tips to accomplish this? If am not making sense, let me know!

The workspace of LightBurn should match that of the physical size of your Ortur, so the center of this LightBurn workspace is the physical center of your Ortur bed. You can use the positioning tools to place artwork in the center of the workspace.

Thanks! my boss suggested we just make a small mark where the center of the panel is by measuring, then fire up the laser to the center point of the image we are etching. Doing a run now! I will let you know if this way is successful for us!

You might want to consider a jig of some sort for repeatability, if you are planning to do a few of these.

I think we got it figured out. We are doing like I said before just marking the center of the panel and then aligning the laser to the center and making sure the sides are flush. Thanks for the help!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.