How to use without connecting

Hi All
I’m so new here I don’t even have a my machine yet, this is my problem.
Is it possible to use Lightburn without the requirement to being connected to the machine, I get thrown back out without doing so. I have a month or so before arrival and a lot can be learnt in that time also if I have it 2 computers with the Laser and the other in my house how do I connect to the computer.
Think a lot of people may have tried this.

Hello Paul. Yes indeed a lot can be learned and so much information is available on the forum as well as the lightburn documentation. Have a look through some searches, and you will find information specifically about these topics. For example:

You can’t run LightBurn without telling it what kind of device you want to make files for, but you don’t actually have to be connected to one - just click the “Create Manually” button, tell it you have a Ruida, what size, and where the machine origin is, and that’s it.

The software needs this info to know what options to show you, what format to generate for the machine, and so on.

Thanks everyone, I bought the licence and went in manually and all good.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.