I am Neje user and i have problem with error17 when i am trying to change to laser mode ($32=1)

If you haven’t already, I believe you need to change the value of $30 also and make sure that number matches the ‘S’ Value max found under device settings.
Most set these two to 1000 ( $30=1000 and ‘S’ Value max 1000) it is important that they match

i did it

Is it all working now ?

does not work. I have a problem with setting $32, I can not change it because an error pops up (error17)
it does cut but it cuts beetwen cuts

Yes that will happen until you can successfully enable $32=1. I hope someone will come along with a solution for you

Here is an old thread, not sure it will help too much, but worth a look

yes i saw it but i still have problems thanks for trying :slight_smile:

Did you make any changed based on the other post? The original poster lists instructions for what he did to make it work.

You need a firmware that has PWM output enabled or this won’t work. Apparently the firmware you installed doesn’t have this.

I would recommend the custom firmware from LaserGRBL:
LaserGRBL/02-v1.1h-custom, XY Homing-20190830.hex at master · arkypita/LaserGRBL · GitHub

1 Like

i didnt make any changes. “The original poster lists instructions for what he did to make it work.” What do u mean by that? where should i instal 1.1h? what should i do with it?

The post where he describes it here:

Now he has a Neje Master 2 whereas you have a Master 1. I don’t know if those lasers get specific firmware.

i think they do thats why u need to use Neje grlb uplouder

This was taken from the feature suggestions. I don’t know whether this is still the case, but doesn’t sound to hopeful

DESCRIPTION

i cant get lightburn to burn with my neje laser. i get error:17 when i try to change $32=1. i heard it may be a pwm problem? can you get lightburn to automatically recognize the neje 30 watt laser??

DECLINED·

LightBurnSoftware

The issue is with NEJE’s porting of GRBL to the machine, not LightBurn.

VOTERS

Dead Pool

NOTIFICATIONSSubscribeYou’ll not receive any notification about this post.