I cant get my laser to cut wood

Hi All A newbie here.

I am trying to cut 3ml plywood to test out my new laser (Atomstach A5 M30) but I have tried various parameters without success. I have been given the speed/power settings from the supplier and from another support site but nothing has worked. Does anyone on here know of the Speed/max power/ min power/no. of passes to acheive cuts please?

Thanks in advance

It doesn’t include air assist. They might think it’s just toggling on the setting in LighBurn vs having an actual air assist.

1 Like

Shocker, they marketed to you. I try to steer people away from AtomStack if and when I can because they just use marketing and tricks to steer people to them. The “new” AtomStack is a just a different version of the double diode NEJE.

With my single diode AtomStack A5 “Pro” I have to use 100% power, 10 mm/sec, air assist and 3 mm decent wood is no problem. It will cut through it in a few passes. Start with LightBurn Software Documentation

and Tutorials – LightBurn Software

and the first thing you should do is learn your lasers abilities. Start here: Material Cut/Scan Test Files - Power Scale

Welcome to the forum and please use the search function. It will save you hours and the LightBurn team and forum users many hours of frustration and repeating themselves while maximizing your knowledge.

The M50 is new so you’ll need to find someone to custom 3D print you an adaptor but you’ll lose that “window” into the laser. Etsy.com is your best friend for finding a 3D printer unless you want to commission someone from the forum to do it for you. Please search about air assist and not just make a new thread.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Its quite dark wood so probably a hardwood. A typical ply that you get in a Builders yard.

Thanks for your feedback and pointers of where to look. I am constantly testing and writing down parameters and results as I learn. Hopefully I won’t be too much of a burden.