I have a black screen in lightburn and the windows camera app

I have a black screen in lightburn and the windows camera app, I can’t seem to find the “Secret” fix that has helped others.

Can someone help me get my camera working?

What operating system are you running, for starters? Windows 10 has recently rolled out a bunch of permission “enhancements” that mean apps have to get permission to use cameras and mics.

If you’re on Win10, start with this: Getting your camera to work in the hellscape of Windows 10

Windows 10 Home

Camera is enabled, was already enabled, in privacy settings, I turned off the camera defense in avast, Lightburn is Not listed in the apps in camera privacy and it still doesn’t work. I will try the compat mode I guess!

Tried compat mode for windows 8 and still not working

Does it work in the Windows Camera app with changes made? The camera app is sort of the clue that the camera works at all. When you plug it in, do you hear the Windows ‘Ding!’ that it recognized a USB device?

Will not work in camera app, says no camera present with an error code of 0xA00F4244. The camera show fine in Device Manager and says it is working correctly. No driver updates available.

My laptop is 2019 MSI GF75 Laptop 17.3" 120Hz FHD Gaming Computer| 9th Gen Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H Up to 4.5GHz| 32GB DDR4 RAM| 512GB PCIE SSD + 1TB HDD| GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB| Backlit Keyboard| Win 10

According to this, it could still be other apps interfering, like permission, or anti-virus:

Already found that page searching for a fix before I got on here, and did everything suggested except downloading and installing the driver easy app. My device manage doesn’t even have an “imaging devices” listed, only Camera and LightBurn Camera within it

Try this (Windows Media Feature pack): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16546

Then if that doesn’t work, try this version of the software: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OrvCr1ICB3d5CQpqFY2rCY5Z5RB-e2KU

Though, the fact that it’s not working in the Windows Camera app isn’t good. It’s usually fine there, but not working in LightBurn.

1 Like

I can’t even uninstall the stupid Microsoft camera app! Microsoft can hug a Nut!

I’ll give it a shot… this is crazy!

Yeah, this last round of Windows updates has caused us a ton of grief. The camera stuff has been pretty well behaved prior to this.

I clicked the Media Installer pack and it really didn’t run a interactive installer but now the cam is working! Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.