I have a same problem with vector to bitmap conversion

This topic is time locked: Convert to bitmap = grayscale

The conversion to bitmap works totally stupid. The text in vector is barely readable when converted to bitmap:

Allignment to raster is not possible for text.

I need another task, to burn out color and leave stuff painted on original vector lines colored.

This is because a vector has no line width.

QUESTION: Why are you converting to a bitmap? If it is to share the layout with a purchaser, do this instead… As a vector, open the Preview window. There, you can save the image as a PNG or JPG file. Converting that to a different image format like TIFF or BMP is easy.

Because I cannot burn inverted design in vector format. If you do not understand what I am attempting to do, look at the image.

The only way I can do, is to create bitmap and then invert it - I did not find inversion in LightBurn. Only display colors inversion.

I have found unpleasant workaround. Convert to the bitmap with 1500dpi and then use adjust image to downsample with threshold.

Sorry to step in.
I think you could use Cut Shapes to achieve your goals

• Trace your image (or get original vector)

• Draw a rectangle ( I use T2 layer)

• And place where you want to cut

• Pressing CTRL click your shape first Then the rectangle

• ALT + SHIFT + C

You could also test on paper one side fixed with painters blue tape to your honeycomb and use that as a guide.

Sorry. Cur shapes cuts shapes, not vaporises color everywhere else. Cut Shapes Tool - LightBurn Documentation

It is different task. I hoped that it is visible from my image.

If I understand you, you just want to engrave on the black part?

Can you attach your LightBurn file or other vector artwork here for us to have a look at?

I’d like to suggest backing up and offering a detailed description of the end result you are after, including pictures and illustrations to help us “see” the goal. It is not clear to me from your wording or the picture you shared. Let’s get an agreed understanding of your goal, and then we can offer some suggestions for how to get there - Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is something like the OP is wanting to achieve:

I think the panel is pre-painted and he/she wants to remove the majority of the paint leaving the thin lines etc.

1 Like

Marcus_Wakefield Yes, you are right. I want to remove majority of surface.

I can attach project with initial vectors that cannot do this job. And then I has been created through clumsy process - create bitmap, extract bitmap, invert bitmap with graphics magick, reimport bitmap … and attempt to burn.

1 Like

As I said: if you could attach your LightBurn file it will help us to provide the right solution for you.

EDIT:
The original vector version is what we need.

This is an original file: amplifier.lbrn2 (2.0 MB)
it has background illustrative photo that is never intended to be burned. It has been obtained from magazine and it serves for orientation only - does not fully fit to the real object.

This file has been produced after many unpleasant steps like converting to bitmap and using external tools that I want to avoid: amplifier2.lbrn2 (3.2 MB)

I’ve welded and tidied up some of the overlapping graphics and moved everything to the Blue C01 layer to make it more straightforward. I’ve then just added an all-encompassing rectangle to the same layer. The result of this is that everything inside it gets inverted. like this partial screenshot:

I’ve also attached the edited file to help you to see what I’ve done. You might want to choose a thicker font as it might not show up very well.

Hope this helps.

amplifier - edited MRW.lbrn2 (1.9 MB)

2 Likes

Nice job @Marcus_Wakefield, thank you for the assist. :slight_smile: Only a minor suggestion, I might weld the circular “tick-marks” into the fill, so the marks inside the circles are not removing what is already there. Otherwise, awesome suggested solution. :+1:

Thanks @Rick . It wasn’t actually meant to be a complete solution, just a guide really. I just thought I’d perform a little bit of tidying up while I was there :wink:

1 Like

I think my neurons must not be working, but the panel is half painted…

If you’re referring to the photograph I think that’s a panel that’s half way through being lasered :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I did not know that are vectors are XOR merged together.

@ Rick The area behind circle is not visible, because there should be physical knob.

I have planned to use a same approach for electronic PCB’s. 20W LASER do not touch copped, but the paint would be vaporised. The small problem is that LASER beam is 0,3mm thick for my case.

1 Like

Yes, it’s sometimes known as an evenodd fill rule.

You can see it on your original file. This is what I was referring to when I said I’d done some tidying up

Yes, it is interesting that even this fine detail could be created in a paint - it might be an art. Small rounding might look better, but this was my first attempt to create something like this.

For PCB this would be a failure, unless you want create a fuse.

Which line distance would you choose? 0,3mm (beam diameter) seems to be too wide. May be something between 0.15 ~ 0.2mm.

Just a result of some experimenting:

and a magnified detail:
GravirovanePismo

2 Likes