I installed the latest version of Lightburn and when I attempt to Save my work the program shuts down

Selected SAVE AS after an hour of work and Lightburn closed with error!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not what should happen. We would like to see what this error is. :slight_smile: The more details you can offer, the better.

When I get in front of the computer tomorrow I will screen shot what happens.

Untitled
This is the error. In fact I can’t even open a project without getting the error!

I installed the update yesterday and this started. 1.4.00 version. Is there a way to take me back to an earlier version? I know I had missed several updates between 08/21 and yesterday. My prior version worked 99.9% of the time and its install was 08/04/21.

1 Like
1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: cool…. Thx u

1 Like

There are backup files that LightBurn saves as you work. :slight_smile:

This may offer some relief.

Unfortunately no… :frowning: As I try other functions the program continues to shut down.

There may be a Windows Event Log that explains the program closing.

Which version of Windows is running on your Dell Laptop?

8.1 I think

Please follow this link and see if the event log can be retrieved.

Ok… I have it open… What am I looking for? Please… :slight_smile:

Ideally, there’s a Windows event that mentions LightBurn Halting.

I’ve barely touched Windows 8 so you may need to mess around with it to find the file.

This is a pretty good overview.

A colleague also reached out to offer ‘Use external Load /Save dialogs’

In LightBurn in the top row, click Edit, then click Settings.
One or two rows up from the the Bottom right corner of that box you’ll see an option to select ‘Use external Load /Save dialogs’. Selecting this may get rid of the behavior you observed earlier.

Not trying to hijack the post, but mine is a similar problem. I am also on 1.4.00. Only difference is, LB just randomly shuts down for me. This event shows up three times since my update in May. I followed your reply and pulled up the event viewer to find this message below:

Blockquote

Faulting application name: LightBurn.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x644947dc
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1778, time stamp: 0x63f72683
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x000000000006536c
Faulting process id: 0x0x2044
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9B064950CD4C3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\LightBurn\LightBurn.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: c58ee327-9df0-4e29-8ee5-134ddac18982
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Blockquote

This is really interesting. I’m not certain it’s identical. Thank you for reporting this.

It’s possible that you’re both sharing Load / Save dialog concerns.

LightBurn makes backups to recover lost work and saves preferences out whenever hardware settings are changed.

Please test this setting. If this does not resolve the crash we’ll take another approach.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.