I keep getting this error message “THERE WAS A PROBLEM SENDING DATA TO THE LASER, THE MACHINE MAY BE BUSY OR PAUSED”

My laser was connected in my desktop. Went to use it yesterday, put design in, went to set the design and get the message that THERE WAS A PROBLEM SENDING DATA TO THE LASER, THE MACHINE MAY BE BUSY OR PAUSED.
There was nothng going on with the machine and it it was not paused. The transfer keeps failing

Hit ESC on controller and you should be good

I have the same problem and it is not fixing the issue. Anymore suggestions?

Hi Tammy,

What kind of laser are you trying to connect to?

If you go to ‘Window > Console’ what is displayed in the window there? Copy and paste it into a reply here

Lastly,

• Try physically unplugging the USB connection, and re-connecting it, then right-click the ‘Devices’ button to tell LightBurn to retry the connection
  • Click the ‘Devices’ button, then click ‘Ok’ - that forces a re-scan of the COM ports, in case you connected the laser after you started LightBurn

I figured it out. I had to download a driver for COM3 as mine was at COM1. Can I get out of beginner mode or am I stuck with this?

Go to Edit->Settings. Then disable Beginner Mode.

2 posts were split to a new topic: xTool D1 Monterey OS problem sending data to the laser - machine may be busy or paused

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.