I want my money back

I just installed Lightburn on a fresh new Ubuntu system. I followed every single instructions i’m quite familiar with linux shell but Lightburn didn’t open up at all. Nothing. Yes I added the users as described in the tutorial. I then read in a forum that only ubuntu 22.4 works with Lightburn. Ok. I installed Ubuntu 22.4 and then lightburn opened up. I tried to register it and it worked but it didnt find my laser. days of trying out solutions from this forum did not solve it. I have a sculpfun s9. I then downloaded an older version of ubuntu and tried everything again. Installed lightburn, tried to register. ur maximum limit of registered devices is reached. WHAT? You never told me that theres a maximum. I mean it makes sense but it’s not registered anymore as the old operation system doesn’t even exist anymore. I’m now using the 30days trial and still can’t connect to my laser. I tried everything, adding it manually, editing the /usr/lib/rules.d files. If you cannot provide a 100% working linux solution then please don’t advertise it. It clearly does not work and I came across many others who can’t get it to work as well. And my licenses? I was willing to pay for your software because I rlly like it. (if it works). Please atleast reset my license counter so I can install it on my windows tablet at least.
and sorry I don’t wanna sound rude or something I respect ur software but right now i’m rlly disappointed because I wasted days with just trying to get a software working that stated out to work under linux.

1 Like

Maybe you should have asked before to avoid that much frustration. Did you remove the brltty-device from the system? This is a known bug of Ubuntu, the serial device from the laser is captured by a different driver. The full guide for Ubuntu 22 is here: https://wiki.the-iskens.com/documentation/setting-up-the-software/ It also links a video I did about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZrsAmvMtwA So there is much information and guidance about this. You can find multiple topics in this forum as well.

There is no maximum. Another thing you didn’t research correctly. You can install LightBurn on two devices simultaneously, if you want to use another device (and your new installation might be one), then just go to the online license manager and deactivate the older installations, and you are free to activate new ones. It’s all written here: How the LightBurn license works – LightBurn Software
Here is another direct link https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/manage-your-license-activations-with-the-license-portal

Spoiler alert: There’s a free trial :o

Edit: Runs fine on Debian 11 btw.

I did that like I mentioned in my post. The driver connects for like 2 seconds and then disconnects again. Also a known bug which hasn’t been fixed yet. thx for the tip with the licenses tho.

i’m using the free trial rn. also mentioned that in my post. thx for reading it. the website clearly says it works on ubuntu.

So you want your free trial money back?

I can not recover my license! This license manager app doesn’t recognize me! And yes I entered my correct email and password. And also I obviously as you can obtain from my post can not access the old computer as it’s a no more existing operating system. Thx yall for reading my post correctly.

read my post again. maybe read it twice. this will answer ur question automatically.

2 Likes

Write an email to support staff. They should help you out there. For me, it works fine. Your license is not gone.

What do you mean by this? Which driver? There is no driver in that sense. The CH340 is already there. You only need to make sure that no other software captures the serial device it created. Did you purge the brltty-packages?
Next, you can test to upgrade the firmware if everything else fails. But first check if you get a ttyUSB device or similar (and that would be either there or not, not just for two seconds).
LightBurn works perfectly fine on every Ubuntu I tested yet. So, the problem is specific to you, not to LightBurn.

You do know lightburn has a license portal, where you can deactivate not used devices right?
https://lightburn.cryptlex.app/auth/login

Also can you tell what you mean by “known bug that wasnt fixed” i have many many users on ORTUR platform under linux, without issues.
Wondering if you explored sculpfun firmware, is it latest?

I followed all the steps from the lightburn tutorials page for ubuntu. I get the tty device attached for about 2 seconds and then it disconnects again.

it’s latest. and yes I know this license manager platform. I can’t login to it.

having many others who got it working is good. yet there’s many who cant get it to work. they said it runs fine on ubuntu 22.4. It doesnt. It does install, it does not open. nothing happens when u try to run it.

I can get into the license portal and release whichever Linux license has you maxed out.

Did you use the same email for the License purchase as you did to sign up for the forum? (don’t post it publicly… I can look into the system here too.)

[Edit] - I’ve got it open right now… I see it.

I don’t see any computers on the license or an email into the support channel. I’ll check one other place.

[Edit]: The license associated with your email shows zero registered computers and it will work on up to two computers forever, also eligible for updates until late July.

Please copy and paste the key from the email into the Help - License Management window in LightBurn.

Come back here if it doesn’t work for you.

3 Likes

yeah I managed to delete them. After trying in another browser (chrome). I still can not log in from safari and as a developer I can’t even explain why.

Try something more constructive, like error message, telling exactly what is happening.
Fwiw it always worked fine for me on Ubuntu, also the 22.10

Personally I would advise you to take a step back and put your self in the Lightburn software developers shoes. They can’t please all of the people all of the time. Having worked for many years as a shop manager, I can only imagine their backs go up when a customer starts demanding service which should be asked for having approached them in a civil manor. Basically this software and support forum is without doubt the best on the market. Nothing, and I mean nothing is too much for the Lightburn staff to deal with. Ask for help and you will surely get help of the best kind.

4 Likes

that doesn’t make any sense. if the car dealer says it runs on diesel and then you find out it doesn’t after the 3 months what’d you do?

I hate to say it. But anyone testing an item should not need 3 months to find out what it can and can’t do. If as you say it don’t do what you expected of it, don’t buy it. I just think you need to calm down and access the situation before getting yourself into a rant. Lets get this forum back to it’s original friendly helpful place it has always been.

1 Like

you didn’t get my point. i’m not hating on lightburn. it’s by far the best laser software. but just because that i’m disappointed they claim it works on ubuntu. and then I do a clean and fresh installation and it doesn’t even show up. no error message nothing. 24GB of ram ryzen 7 7700x. it’s not the machine either. it’s just a not fully developed version. And I’m sure they’re able to manage it to a stable release for ubuntu. also i’m not the only one here. if you look up google there’s many people struggling with the exact same behavior and couldn’t find an answer. So don’t judge me.