Image does not burn as shown in preview

I followed the create a wifi tag step by step and my image did not burn as the preview showed.

running and Ender 3v2 with jyers firmware. Line aret prints fine, but anything with fill looks like this. I have tried trace as well

1 Like

Marlin is already a harder to support firmware. Going with a variant on top of that adds even more potential for issues.

It’s hard to tell exactly what’s going on or what would be the cause but I think you need to try some basic validations to narrow down the issue.

Seems to me you may have some mechanical issues on top of any potential software issues but unclear.

For the existing design, can you push Save Gcode in Laser window, save the file with a .txt extension and the upload the file here?

As for further testing, can you try burn some simple geometric shapes like a square and a circle. Then take a photo of the results as well as a screenshot of LightBurn with the design loaded.

1 Like

All line images burn prefect. it only when I choose “fill”… My machine prints 3d objects as it should so I ruled out mechanical. When I get home I will save the file and upload. thank you for your response.

The photo isn’t clear enough to say for sure but it looks like you have wavy lines. How is the laser attached to the gantry?

where do I add files?

I don’t see anything obvious in the screenshots. You’re going a bit fast on the image based burn but that doesn’t explain what you’re seeing.

Can you take a screenshot of Edit->Device Settings?

Also, if you can upload the gcode for review.

1 Like

Settings. I did not get conformation that the g code uploaded.
wifi upload.gc.txt (333.3 KB)

You’re showing Edit->Settings. Can you go to Edit->Device Settings?

Sorry, I misunderstood .

I don’t see anything inherently wrong with our settings or the gcode itself.

It’s possible your printer is underrunning the buffer. Try changing Transfer mode to “synchronous”.

Also, if your firmware supports it you may have better quality with “Inline” than M106/M107 although shouldn’t be an issue in this particular case. Well, inline may be less syntactically verbose so may not pose the same issue.

I will try these recommendations in the morning, Its 11:15 pm here in Texas. thank you so much for your time, I will update tomorrow

The recommended settings didn’t work. I am still considering purchasing the software. I still have a few days of trial, and I do like some of the features that Creality workshop doesn’t offer. Thank you so much for your time and support.

What happens if you try a simpler shape? Like a square or circle?

see pics above. it only happens if I choose “fill” all line art is fine.

I mean using a simple shape for fill operation.

simple shapes mess up as well. even letters Like an “A” if I outline the “A” its fine, if I choose fill, I get garbage.

Can you run a simple square with line interval set to 1 mm? Please take a photo of the results. I suspect the issue is being caused by latency

all I changed is from line to fill. 1mm as requested… dont know why it didnt focus . my point looks good on the wood.

My observations:

1. There seems to be a delay in turning on and turning off the laser. I’ve seen this a lot on Marlin devices. Notice how the burn continues vertically at the ends for a short distance. Also notice how the ends do not line up.
  2. The burn quality itself is quite poor. This could be from something with the laser module itself, the lens, focus, or what I’m guessing is something with the material. There may be some sort of treatment on the wood that’s making it harder to burn evenly. You may want to try on cardboard or something that burns evenly to further narrow down the issue.

As far as remedies for the first issue, you may be able to enable fast PWM which might help with the latency. What connector on the board is connected to the laser module? Some pins are inherently low frequency. Things like heated bed will almost certainly be very low frequency. You typically want at least 1KHz PWM for quality engraving.

1 Like