Is this guy trying to pirate Lightburn?

I was on Youtube.com looking for a Lightburn tutorial and found this video: LIGHTBURN 2023 CRACK | DOWNLOAD FULL VERSION CRACK | LIGHTBURN 2023 FREE LICENSE - YouTube

Is this guy trying to hack and give away Lightburn?

I thought someone might want to know.

Ernie

2 Likes

I canā€™t attest to the legitimacy of the posted link, as I didnā€™t click on it, but Iā€™ve seen posts in which the user of LightBurn is complaining about a message being engraved into the work piece indicating that itā€™s a pirated copy. I love that the creator of the software is able to provide that ā€œreminder!ā€

1 Like

Oh, yeah, itā€™s possible that it might be a ā€œcrackedā€ copy of LB. From time to time, if you do a LB search on YouTube, you will find post after post of offers of ā€œFREEā€ copies of LB, along with an activation code that is supposed to make it work. And it just might work.

And then again, in just might not work, or will perform oddly (supposedly, LB has some protections against hacking that cause it to do weird things). Worse, loading pirated software onto your computer is the perfect way for hackers to gain control of your machine. While you are playing with that pirate copy, your computer may just be downloading all your files to some location half-way around the world. Or worse, setting up a keystroke monitor that will copy everything you type, especially passwords, and the website they are associated with.

Besides all of what was statedā€¦

They are thieves, stealing is stealing, no matter what you are stealingā€¦

:smile_cat:

Iā€™ve been online since 1987 so Iā€™ve seen a lot of things. I do keep my computer safe and donā€™t download pirated software.

I just wanted someone to know about this because this is the first time I have come across this with Lightburn and thought it was maybe new.

2 Likes

:rofl: ā€¦an honest thief

Thank you for letting us know.
We have followed up with Youtube.

I assure you itā€™s there, and the new and improved ā€˜unanticipated behaviorā€™ is even more bizarre. I really enjoy the bright folks I get to work with.

That too. :slight_smile:

1 Like