Issue with Numbers and Letters Separating and Partially Replicating / Doubling Left to Right

I’m having some major letter and number alignment issues. I’m attaching a picture of the result of a guide grid engraving I did. As you’ll see, it gets worse towards the center and the better again and it continues to the right. I’ve tried so many different settings and tightening belts. Honestly, its a little worse now than what you see in the picture so I should probably reset the machine settings. I’m VERY new at this. I’ve been occasionally attempting to get serious about engraving and cutting for more than 6 months but, with each issue, I’ve been self troubleshooting instead of reaching out for help. I sincerely hope someone knows what to do here.
Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Brigdeez

PS. I have another issue I posted in a separate topic if you’d like to see the other thing I’m trying to fix :slightly_smiling_face:. Here’s the link:

If you reduce your speeds by a factor of 10 does the problem go away? This could be a resonance problem. I had to slow down a lot to get my SainSmart laser engraver to work.

Hey! I’m so sorry I didn’t have alerts on this. THANK YOU for your response. Slowing down a LOT (40-50mm per minute) lessens the tiny detail issue I was having but doesn’t eliminate. I’ll try it on that separation issue.

Looking at the picture again I recalled an engraver that did something similar because the engrave head roller wheels were loose on the gantry.

With the power off to the laser engraver, grab the head of the laser and see if the wheels are too loose by lifting it slightly and seeing if it tilts back.

The doubled image seen in the center of the test grid could be caused by the belts pulling left then right on the engrave head when the wheels are loose. In the middle of the gantry the belts would allow the greatest error to occur.

Tighten all rails/rollers and belts, make sure there is no play of any kind.
You may also tinker with settings to make sure that raster burning in one direction only.

1 Like