Issues with lightburn / MacOS / Ruida

Can you fix the Rasberry Pi set up to use WiFi WPA2 Enterprise login? My school uses that protocol and apparently it doesn’t pass UDP through. Thanks for the work!

The Pi would ONLY connect to the network via TCP. The UDP packets are between the Ruida and the Pi only, via cable - your network would never see that traffic.

Hello all,
Also a new user of LightBurn.
I’m running a Macbook Air with BigSur o/s.

I have a problem with the cut performance as it seems to run for so long and then stops, even though LightBurn says its still running.

Looks like a buffer overload so the above discussion makes sense. Also Lightburn seems to get its knickers in a twist and stops responding properly.

The solution I found was to select parts of the design and get it to execute that. It returns to home after it completes and then you can select another section to cut. Its useful if you have grouped several pieces together as you then don’t need to select individual lines.

Hope this helps

I’ve brought bits to connect through Ethernet cabel and it’s working fine now. I wasn’t able to do this before due to location of my laser but worth the extra cost to prevent the issues I was having.

1 Like

Can you help me to understand how I can use an ethernet cable please? My laser is in the garage, there is not a router in the garage. How would I go about connecting it to wifi?

I have an access point configured as a bridge.

Out of the box, run through the configuration as a bridge. Plug it in and it works… I think I set the laser to a static IP and the default gateway… :slight_smile:

Live fine on my local network. :smiley_cat:

My hubby is more technical than me so he did it but we got a Google WiFi home system to extend the WiFi to my gagare where my laser is and then plugged the cabel into that and the laser I think. It required some set up with the IP address but it didn’t take him to long to sort. Check out some online videos :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you, no router in the garage with the laser.

I need to borrow your hubby LOL! I have a google wifi (round one, not the newer nest) I’ve tried plugging the ethernet into it from the laser however I can’t see it anywhere on the Google home app so not sure what I’m doing wrong nut obviously missing something.

I will try to ask him later and let you know if it makes sense I will try to pass on the information :slightly_smiling_face:

You’re very kind! Thank you!

The photo I posted is a bridge that connects your wifi to the laser. Less than $20 bucks… :slight_smile:

No wiring or router needed…

so you connect the ethernet cable to the bridge which is wirelessly connected to your network?

Yes, exactly. It’s just a wireless extension of your existing WiFi network.

from boss laser tech support:

The LS-1420 that you received from us back in early May 2020, at the time, we didn’t install the TP links (wireless router) in the machines. So because of this, the machine doesn’t show up on your Google WiFi because there isn’t a wireless router in your machine.

You can, however, can still hook up your machine to a router using an Ethernet cord so that other PCs/Macs can connect to it if they are also connected to the same router.

So without a router hooked up to the machine, you can not connect to the machine via WiFi.

Boss just told you the exact same thing we did. :slight_smile:

Ok, so to pass along what I did, just like I did boss.

I connected an ethernet cable to the controller where it says ethernet. the other end was plugged into the google unit. When checking the google unit for attached devices the laser does not show up. Is the cable not plugged into where it says ethernet on the controller?

You will have to assign a network address for your laser/Ruida. They are not just assigned this address the way other devices can (no Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol [DHCP] support). This is done through the HMI panel on the laser, following these instructions.

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You did it! Thank you so very much for taking your time to explain it to me, you are awesome!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.