Jig Templates Consistently

Hi Community, a question for all;

I have set up a fixed template on my XtoolD1 and am trying to find the way to save the cut file to
get consistancy each time the cut file is called up again to re run the same file. For example, if I am etching
on pencils on the jig file connected to the legs on my Xtool, I can engrave the pencils over and over without
no problem. The engrave runs and then returns to a home position of X1.0 and Y1.0 that is set up.
Works great until I turn the Xtool off and Lightburn, then reload it the next day and try and re run it again.

The next day when I come out and turn on the machine first with the laser head pushed up in the far left
corner, Lightburn defaults to GRBL. I then switch to Xtool in machines and the file is flipped in the Y
direction. I just flip 90 degrees ( as the file was saved in Xtool machine). When I select one of the pencils,
load the cut file, onto the fixed jig and frame it, the engrave is completely off. The pencil jig file was cut and
then saved as a T1 template. Like I said, Pencil location is off.

I am engraving five pencils a time with this jig, so I get the top pencil aligned with the top T1 template, and use
the array feature to set up the count with the jig spacing. All works fine until I turn off and reload and try to re run the
same cut file. Im sorry If I am confusing everyone out there, but this is a question for all you gurus out there.

As always thanks for all the help in the past.

Machine: Xtool D1 10 watt,
Ortur LM2 (not the pro)
Lightburn: 1.2.0
Windows: 10

Thanks,
Tim

If the machines have a different origin specified in the Device Setup, the image will reflect a change, as the quadrant of operation has changed…

Is this the issue?

Do you use absolute coordinates?

It will also help if someone with knowledge of these machine will add their 2¢ about how this is working…

:smile_cat:

Thanks jkwilburn,

Yes, I do use absolute coordinates for both the xtool and the ortur. In settings, the xtool is in the
upper left corner for and the ortur is in the bottom left corner for home. All good there. I use the ortur
with a camera and trying to set up the xtool for multiple runs of the same part over and over again.

Thanks for the reply,
Tim

Check this part of this thread… I talk about how I use jigs… maybe it will help you out…

:smile_cat:

Thanks for your help jkwilborn, all starting to come in place.

Tim

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.