Job quits before completion (k40 ,cohesion3d laserboard,smoothieware)

I am having same problem with my co2 laser it might run for 5 seconds or 2 minutes then stop never had this problem before.

It appears that you have a very different laser, and I don’t know if Windows Power saving settings are causing your computer to go to sleep.

I’m going to move this to your own thread as you’re quite possibly facing a different hurdle.

Please tell us more about what you’re working on - Let’s try to get this resolved.

This may help us help you.

I built a 400mm x 500mm frame and used psu from my k40, i am running a cohesion 3d board with smoothieware, lightburn 1.2.04 with windows 10, the laptop i use has run the laser for 2yrs. no problem, now the laser will start to run and stop anywhere from a few seconds to maybe few minutes then usb connection lost shows on screen, tried a friends newer laptop and so far laser is running fine,going to try my laptop on my ortur lm2 to see if it stops seems to be something with laptop settings, which haven’t been changed.

Windows has been notoriously updating power saving settings and turning off the ‘keep alive’ options for usb ports.

I think you’re on track with where you’re heading.

I think the computer is on it’s way out, tried a simple cut on 3mm acrylic and had to do 4 passes at 60% pwr and the 50 watt would not cut, got new laptop so far it’s running perfect, the move and layers and laser menus would overlap on the old computer so that made me think it was the computer anyway it is gone and everything is good with new computer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.