Just upgraded to 10w module - instant "Error 9 - G Code locked out..."

I have the Ortur Laser Master Pro 2 currently set up for rotary projects. It was running perfectly. Today I upgraded to the new 10w module, and when I touch ANY button, be it to move the laser, fire, anything, I get the below error. I looked through error 9 troubleshooting on this forum already, tried setting $33 to 1000, did the obvious disconnect/reconnect, I cannot for the life of me get the laser to even move, let alone burn. Please help!!

Waiting for connection…

Waiting for connection…

[ORIGIN: China]

[PRODUCER: ORTUR]

[AUTHOR: ORTUR]

[MODEL: Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro S2]

[OLF: 185]

[OLH: OLM_ESP_PRO_V1.2]

[OLM: GENERAL]

[DATE:22:44:33 - Oct 25 2021]

[VER:1.1f(ESP32).20210403:]

[OPT:VNMSL,35,4096,3]

Target buffer size found

ok

Alarm:0|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:35,4096|FS:0,0|Pn:P|CL:0,100|PS:2,1|ER:7873,7904|VA:23618,0|Ov:100,100,100|A:S

ok

Starting stream

error:9

G-code locked out during alarm or jog state.

On or near line 0:

On or near line 0:

On or near line 0:

Stream completed in 0:00

Is this only an issue in rotary operation? What happens if you revert everything to normal operation?

Also, how is the laser module wired? Try disconnecting all cables to the module and retest. Does the laser move normally? Does homing work?

Given you shared that the error started occurring after electrical changes, ensuring that was done correctly, and any firmware you need on the vendor side is appropriate is a sensible course of action in my book.

The phrasing “during alarm or jog state” to me indicates the laser hardware is in error from one of the changes made, even a potentially safe one, or that it thinks it’s mid-move and never achieving it, but that’s a gut feeling more than specific experience with this controller.

Let us know what you find, and we’ll do our best to get you on your way and working again :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.