Kann man mit Lightburn einen Auftrag dort fortsetzen wo er abgebrochen ist? - Can you continue an order with Lightburn where it left off?

Hallo,
ich bin neu hier im Forum und muss mich gleich mal entschuldigen. Mein Englisch ist sehr schlecht (ich bin 61 Jahre), deshalb versuche ich es in Deutsch. Vielleicht kann mir trotzdem jemand antworten.

Ich habe folgendes Problem mit Lightburn und meinem Ortur Laser Master 2 (20W). Es passiert immer wieder, dass ein Auftrag ohne von mir erkennbaren Grund einfach abgebrochen wird. In der Konsole erscheint folgende Meldung:

error:8
Grbl ‘$’ command cannot be used unless Grbl is IDLE. Ensures smooth operation during a job.
error:8
Grbl ‘$’ command cannot be used unless Grbl is IDLE. Ensures smooth operation during a job.
Project loaded in 7 milliseconds

Kann mir jemand sagen was da passiert?
Genau so wichtig wäre auch die Frage ob es bei Lightburn möglich ist, den abgebrochenen Auftrag an der gleichen Stelle fortzusetzen wo er unterbrochen wurde. Sonst muss ich jedesmal von Vorne anfangen. Der Laser bleibt an der Stelle wo er abgebrochen wurde stehen.

Vielen herzlichen Dank schon mal im Voraus.

Burkhard

Hello,
I’m new to the forum and have to apologize right away. My English is very bad (I am 61 years old), so I try German. Maybe someone can answer me anyway.

I have the following problem with Lightburn and my Ortur Laser Master 2 (20W). It happens again and again that an order is simply canceled for no apparent reason. The following message appears in the console:

error: 8
error: 8
Project loaded in 7 milliseconds

Can someone tell me what’s going on?
Just as important would be the question of whether it is possible with Lightburn to continue the canceled job at the same point where it was interrupted. Otherwise I have to start from scratch every time. The laser stops at the point where it was interrupted.

Thank you very much in advance.

Yes you can do that, in the preview window there is a function called start from here, you just drive backwards with the cursor until you find the position from where you want to continue and press start. With your other problem I can not help you, I have a different type of laser.

Thank you for your quick replies. That helps me a lot. Unfortunately, it doesn’t solve my problem that the laser often interrupts the job. Still thanks again!

Although I know that Ortur lasers have their own way of working and some of the strange problems that you also describe, I want to draw attention to 3 things that are very important for a stable data connection between laser control and the computer, which applies to all laser machines.

1. The usb cable, it must be of a high quality, as short as possible and preferably with iron cores / ring, surround the ends.
    (For network cables must also be a high quality and preferably of the shielded type, but the length is not a problem here)
  2. The power supplies for the Laser Control and accessories must also be of a proper quality and strong enough to supply the required voltage and current.
    Many laser controllers are very sensitive to voltage variations and disturbances in the (in-house) mains.
    Data cables and power cords do not belong in the same cable channel, a respect distance between the two types of cables gives less disturbance.
  3. Avoids current fluctuations due to high starting currents of e.g. vacuum cleaner or refrigeration machines and hand tools.

For No.1 - the original usb cable from my Eleksmaker A3 and my K40 were miserable, after I switched both I got peace.
To No.2 - I have split my power consumers up and now everything external such as fan, light and extraction have their power supply and laser and the control their own.
To No. 3 - have I struggled with after I got a CW5000, when my cooling machine for the laser starts after a break, I lost the connection between the laser and the computer. (Very short voltage dive)

Hope it helps someone

Many thanks for your response. That could be the solution. I don’t use the original USB cable because the PC is a little further away. I’ll get a higher quality one and test it again.

If the cable you have is more than 16 feet long (5 meters) that could easily be a problem as well. USB is not intended for longer than that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.