Laser home in bottom left but point the laser and it goes to right rear

so this marco Is it just a place for notes or does is it a funcial button?

It is not just for notes. It will allow you to initiate the G92 command without having to type it in.

so i think I get it, please correct me if I am wrong. I send the laser home then click the marco button and that tells the controller that is the beginning

Basically yes. That will allow you to place objects anywhere on your workspace and it should now correlate to the location on your bed, assuming you’re using Absolute Coords. Even if you use another Start from mode you’ll still want to do this as this way you’ll still get potential out of bounds messages.

At this point you’re good to go so I suggest you just start experimenting. As stated earlier, a material test is a good starting point.

and I should run that material test with each type of material to show me how it will burn at each rate and speed correct

Exactly - the material test will help you dial in the settings for your particular laser and material.

It’s a good idea to save the results of your tests for reference (photos work great here), or you can save the combinations of settings to a material library - read more about that here: Material Library - LightBurn Software Documentation

I will check that out thanks. I was thinking I would just take a scrape of each and set it aside for reference. I wasn’t sure lightburn was going to work me but you have changed my mind, I appreciate you taking the time to help me get this thing squared away. I look forward to bugging you in the future :wink:

Glad to be of service and happy that it was workable in spite of some of the uniqueness in behavior. Hoping you’ll be on here soon enough helping out others. In the meantime, I’m happy to help where I can.

I have air assist but it was not hooked up when I did my first material test I asumme that will change the results/effects if I have it running during the next test with it on?

Running two sets of tests one with air and one without is also a valid test. It doesn’t make as much a difference for engraving but the quality of the burn will be different. Good to know how each performs.

Air assist does make a large difference in cutting performance, however.

like a plasma cutter, I am very familiar with those

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.