Laser Master 2 and laser module NEJE 40W, will they work together?

Diode lasers will not cut transparent acrylic, you need a CO2 laser for that.

1 Like

Use tape or black marker for Acrylic. I have not cut it but it works great for engraving.

I just received the 30w laser and wired it up and everything works as advertised. I can walk you through my setup if you still need it.

Yes. I would like to have your setup.

Thanks,

ary

I have recently installed the 40W NEJE on my Ortur Laser Master 2. It cuts great, but when it comes to the “Fill” with engraving, it is not neat-looking like my old Ortur module. I have tried changing engraving positions from 0 degrees horizontal, to 5 degrees (not shown), to 90 degrees vertical (not shown) and still every time I get these annoying 2-3 deep lines on either side of the fill. I have tried changing many things in the settings and nothing has changed it a bit. The rectangles are simple shape drawings in Lightburn and the Mustang is engraved using image format. They are engraved in a normal horizontal, side-to-side path from bottom to top. I have also tried using Ortur’s LaserGRBL, which I hate, and it still makes the lines there too. I know I have it wired in correctly or it likely would not function at all. I updated the Ortur firmware after I saw the lines appearing, still no difference. Maybe there is a firmware needed from NEJE for my Ortur motherboard? I will be contacting NEJE as well, if I hear something from them, I will update here.

You’ve probably solved it by now but have you tried turning the ply so you’re burning against the grain instead of going with the grain, makes a lot of difference.

did read all suggestions here but want to notice all that air assist make such a big differences.i have both,neje 7.5 watt and dual 15 watt laser and with air assist from 1 bar make already a big better resuld on wood and mdf and cutting and engraving go sharp and faster.so my advice is alway’s use air assist on wood.

1 Like

I just purchased a Neje 10 watte output laser module A40640 and set it all up and it worked worse than my original LM 2 Pro LF4 module. I wired it up according to a video I watched form LA Hobby Guy. When it didn’t work I disconnected it and wired it up to the test board that came with the laser module. It didn’t come with a 12 volt power supply bit I had a spare 3 Amp one. Set up this way it worked great.

So perplexed I did some investigation and discovered that Ortur’s 5.5 watt LF 4 module uses 24 volts and the new Neje 10 watt module requires 12 volts 3 to 5 amps. So glad I didn’t burn it out. So I will now attempt to rewire the Neje A40640 to the 12 V power supply and use just the black,white and green wires. Does this sound correct. I don’t want to feed 24 volts in the Neje laser. I am just not sure which wires do what? Is red the 24v and black the PWM and then what is the white wire for?

Anyone have a wiring schematic for the lasermaster Pro 2 S2? or experience setting up the 10 watt N Neje laser module in place of the 24v Ortur laser?