Laser Master 2 and laser module NEJE 40W, will they work together?

Hallo. I am also on the way to install a Neje 30W, (yes 30W not 40 -> price) module instead of my old module and I am also i`m sure I can do it. First I will try the Ortur, like you, and then i will try it at the Atomstack A5. I have a question about the fourth contact on the Neje module, the “C”. What is that? Can I leave it out?
I guess this is a Temp.sensor, and only optional

That’s right, C is a temperature sensor. I understand that the motherboard OLM2 does not support temperature reading, so there is nowhere to connect this cable.

Will the laser fire with only being hooked up to the 12v and ground? I am trying to test it to see if I’m dealing with a defective laser.

Thanks a lot, I’m returning your laser, I understand you would rather sell your machines than help people add your laser to their machine. That is ok, but now you sold neither. Good job neje. No labeled wires, no instructions for the test board, nothing.

That’s too bad, I was looking at the neje laser as an upgrade a little later. I don’t want have a similar experience.

I mounted the Neje 30W module this weekend, and found the electrical connection relatively simple. The pining is labeled on the Neje board and on the laser mainboard. It is only necessary to connect PWM to PWM, +12V to +12V and GND to GND and you are done. For this I disassembled it, and checked with a multimeter which wire is which. (On the Atomstack A5 all wires are nearly black). For the mechanical assembly I had to do a bit more on the Atomstack A5. There I took the drill. All in all 1h work with soldering iron / multimeter / drill.

Maybe I was just luckier, but everything seems to work as expected.

i also checked with a voltage meter, both on the test board and on the machine. laser just doesnt want to fire for me.

Your laser did not fire on the test board alone either?

Than it sounds like a faulty laser module for me,and you are right to return it.

Love how neje jumped on here to promote their machine, but can’t offer advice on their own product. Good job neje

ISTM that a 3A supply is enough to run just the laser. 4A would be required to run the laser and the stepper motors, etc. So… I suspect that a system with a single supply would require a 4A supply, but a 30W upgrade would only require an ‘additional’ 3A supply to power the laser separately. It may be why there is a separate breakout board so you can safely wire the laser from the additional supply.

Note that I do not have one of these upgrades, but have looked at the kits and, after seeing the additional breakout board, this is the ‘guess’ I’ve come up with…

Thank you for testing and posting your results. I have been eyeing this module too, but was hesitant to make the jump.

You may have just pushed me off the ledge!

I’m using a 40w Diode Neje - and would like to cut a 6mm Mdf board. Could someone help me set up LightBurn. Thank you

Please do not double post. Doing so makes everyone work more than should be required. Thank you.

1 Like

6mm plywood cutting from 2 pass 100mm/min 80% power

Yep, talked me into it, going to have to start looking now :thinking:

after add the air assist. cutting plywood 6mm have next result:
power 80% / speed 90mm.min - 1 pass
power 70% / speed 100mm.min - 2 pass

Thanks my friend… I will try

Nikolay

I cut with the configuration you recommended and did not work, then increased 01 step in each and also did not cut. I’m using MDF… photos and video attached… you might be able to see where I’m going wrong.

Thank you

You’re trying to cut MDF, but it’s a tricky material to cut that doesn’t look like plywood at all. MDF consists of sawdust and glue, which leave a lot of ash when burned. I tried to cut 3mm MDF and I managed to do it with settings: power 80 / speed 90 in 3 passes. I think that our laser power is not enough to cut 6mm MDF.

True Nikolay. Thank you so much for your kindness in answering my questions…

I can ask you one more question ?

What is the configuration to cut Acrilico of 2mm transparent… I’ve been trying but the laser fire goes through the acrylic and doesn’t cut… Thank you