Laser moves, laser does't fire

This is what I wrote in a previous post. Did you make any adjustments?

Where do I find that

[quote=“berainlb, post:47, topic:58346, full:true”]

Yes

Set max to 100% min was at 20% still no burn
set min to 50% now burn
Is that normal?

Sorry I Didn’t see this earlier

Send a screenshot of your cut settings. I’m guessing you are going too fast. It’s also apparent that your laser module power is fairly low given how high you need to set it to get a visible light.

In Inch

In mm

It says 3000mw
Do you mean 3000mw is low or that it’s on its way out?

I’ll give that a try

O…K
I got those Backasswards mm/in

No prob
No I wasn’t expecting that

What I meant … I put the mm capture under in Inch and the inch capture under In mm

Air…Not yet

I got this a few days ago and just got it working with the help of berainlb

What are you trying to engrave to? 1794.4 mm/min is on the higher end of speeds for engraving with a 3W laser but I’d expect it be making a mark at 100% power on most materials.

Keep reducing speeds until a mark is made. That will give you a sense of how much power is required.

You may want to try running one of the many different test patterns that are available on this forum. Will help you understand effect of speed and power.

Eventually both … I do know there are limitations with 3w, so that’s 1 (of Many) learning curve, till I upgrade to more wattage lol

I’ll do that
Is there a thread for the test patterns?
I have a very good understanding on power and speed (I weld, same idea but different lol)
Now comes the Fun Part … Experimenting. I’ll keep the fire extinguisher Right at Hand and Not walk away for more then 30 Seconds

Thank You for Your help :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

There will be many if you do a search. I don’t have any specific ones referenced.

Thank You again for your help

check out the Louisiana Hobby guy. I found him to be a great help

I will
Thank you