Laser not cutting to scale

(Nigel Isle) #1

I am new to Lightburn and I am using a EleksMaker A3 5W machine. when I try and engrave anything it comes out much to large. For example a 4 x 4 cm square drawn with Lightburn it has the dimensions 124 x 125 cm. I have tried looking at this forum and Google for an answer but no luck so far. Can anyone help me?

(Oz) #2

This comes up often:

(Nigel Isle) #3

Thanks for answering, that makes sense. The problem is that I don’t know where I can find the controller step size or even the controller…

(Nigel Isle) #4

I have been digging in the Internet and it would seen that I need to change the values $100, $101, and $102. I tried that using the console of Lightburn but the values stayed the same (checked with $$).

(Nigel Isle) #5

So, finally nailed it! Downloaded UGS (Universal G Code Sender) and Java 1.8. Started UGS and changed $100, $101 and $102 values. Now the laser is spot on. Thanks for putting me on the right track.

(Oz) #6

You should be able to use the console in LightBurn too - Typing $100=50 in the console, and pressing enter, should change that field. If you use the Edit > Machine Settings window you just have to click “Write” when you’re done to commit the changes back to the controller.

(system) closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.