Laser not cutting to scale

I am new to Lightburn and I am using a EleksMaker A3 5W machine. when I try and engrave anything it comes out much to large. For example a 4 x 4 cm square drawn with Lightburn it has the dimensions 124 x 125 cm. I have tried looking at this forum and Google for an answer but no luck so far. Can anyone help me?

This comes up often:

Thanks for answering, that makes sense. The problem is that I don’t know where I can find the controller step size or even the controller…

I have been digging in the Internet and it would seen that I need to change the values $100, $101, and $102. I tried that using the console of Lightburn but the values stayed the same (checked with $$).

So, finally nailed it! Downloaded UGS (Universal G Code Sender) and Java 1.8. Started UGS and changed $100, $101 and $102 values. Now the laser is spot on. Thanks for putting me on the right track.

You should be able to use the console in LightBurn too - Typing $100=50 in the console, and pressing enter, should change that field. If you use the Edit > Machine Settings window you just have to click “Write” when you’re done to commit the changes back to the controller.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.