Laser not firing in frame mode

Not sure what a 50 50 offst is ,so no this is not deliberate
Ok here is a photo of my console after I enabled SHOW ALL option

First I entered $#
Then I test fired the laser using FIRE button in the MOVE window
Lastly I held SHIFT then hit FRAME
All of that is captured in the console photo in that order

The G54 offset has you working in a -50,-50 starting position it looks like. It looks like you are using “User Origin” as your Start From. Do you get strange position data or odd behaviors the way you’re currently working?

You can remove the offset by issuing this in Console:

G2 L10 P1 X0 Y0

This will enable use of machine position rather than working position:

$10=1

However, if you’re built a workflow that’s somehow depending on the offset changing these two could throw you off. However, I’m assuming right now that you’re unable to use Absolute Coords and I’m surprised that User Origin is working for you.

As for the laser firing on frame, the Console output indicates definitively that the laser is not being commanded to fire the laser during framing. So it’s not a hardware issue. So either what you’re doing is not triggering the right commands or LB is not interpreting the actions correctly and is not sending the right commands to the laser.

Which shift key are you using? And do you have a normal US keyboard?

This is the keyboard i am using I normally use the left SHIFT key but i have tried both

Do I need to add Z0 to the command G2 L10 P1 X0 Y0 ? I ask because I entered the command and got an error message.

The reason I use User Origin is because its simpler for me to manually position laser over work and start from there.

1 Like

This is the one I would be using so should be fine. Can you confirm the key works for normal shift operation?

Sorry. I transposed the numbers. It should be:

G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0

Are you actually setting user origin at that point?

Yes the shift key works fine for all other operations . Thank you I will get rid of the offset . Yes I set my origin manually I thought thats what it was meant to do in USER ORIGIN . Its simpler for me to do it that way beings I have no limit switches .

Yeah. This works fine. Disabling the offset shouldn’t pose any issue in that case. Your laser should set 0,0 to wherever the laser head is at power-on.

I can’t get my head around why this wouldn’t be working then. Very odd.

I cannot thank you enough for your help in this matter. Do you just do this to help people ? I have sent an email to customer support and have referenced them to this thread. Hopefully they have an answer in any case youhave saved me much time.

Yeah, primarily trying to contribute to the community and staying educated on LightBurn and laser platforms generally.

Let us know if you get this sorted. It’s possible that doing a clean refresh of your prefs may resolve it but that’s generally not something you should ever have to do.

Ok the tech from Lightburn thinks the problem with the FRAMING FUNCTION WITH LASER is not in the software but in my laptop keyboard . I am not sure because the shift key works fine for every other function . That being said I do not doubt the problem is in my laptop. berainlb went far and above trying to resolve this issue a huge Thanks goes out to him . The Lightburn Tech worked very hard with me as well outstanding service ! So my next step is to find another computer and try it . Thank you to all who contributed to this thread .

1 Like

Take a look at this post. Very similar situation with the framing with laser on not working. Solved by doing a Window->Reset to default layout.

Might work for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.