I’ve got a 2nd-hand red/black chinese 130W CO2 laser with a Ruida controller (RDC6442G-B). Recently, it began cutting not only the lines to cut, but also is cutting on the traversal from one object to another.
Things we’ve tried:
- Power Supply-- I’d seen posts that the power supply to the laser could be the cause, so have replaced the power supply with a new one, but the problem persists.
- Basic check of wiring-- We have confirmed that L-On, L-PWM, and G from the Ruida are connected to TL, IN, and G on the power supply.
- I’ve seen posts about checking the console and the $32 setting, but that appears to only apply to GRBL/CNC systems, not Ruida systems. I tried launching the console screen but wasn’t able to get it to to let me to type in any commands.
- Are there any settings that we still need to check?
- Is it possible that there is a wiring issue we need to look into? Since this is 2nd-hand equipment, it’s possible that the previous owners could have done something with the wiring.
- Could it be something within the controller? If so, what do I look for, or what group would you recommend that I reach out to ask more questions related to the care/feeding/setup of this Ruida controller?