Laser Position is not matching what it looks like on Lightburn

I can set the laser to the home position with no problem but when I try to use the “Set Laser Position” icon to line up the laser on the bed, it does not go to the same position that is on the screen workspace. It seems to go in the right direction on the bed, but not to the spot where it’s showing on the workspace in Lightburn. Here’s a series of pictures to show what is happening.

Thank you!

My guess is that you have an “offset” issue. I’m away from my laser and its LightBurn computer for rather a while, so I am unable to help much with diagnosis and possible solution. Hopefully, someone else here can provide better guidance.

I had a similar problem with my machine (an Atomstack), and it turned out to be an offset that wormed its way into the controller while trying out other software. I don’t remember exactly, but I believe that the command $# should give you a report of the machine status, including possible offset values.

Still no resolve to this problem…very frustrated and had hoped for more help. Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro S2 is the machine I am trying to get help with.

You had not responded to @DaveK-OR so was likely not apparent that you were seeking additional help.

Are your symptoms still the same as what was stated originally?

If you use Arrange->Move Laser to Selection->Move Laser to selection center. Do you have the same behavior?

If so, can you run these commands in Console and return output:

$H
$I
$$
$#
?

Note that the first command will home the laser so be prepared for it.

Thank you…just recovering from covid now…my daughter says when I am cleared she will come and assist me with your suggestion. Thank you and hopefully we will find out this weekend!!! Trish

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.