Laser power decreasing

When I start cutting a project power is constant and when its nearing completion, the power seems to be low when compared with the power with which the project started,why does this happen and is there an option to optimize the power during the entire course of the engraving in lightburn?

How many hours take yor project to complete?

1 Like

I’m new to lasers @killrob,I’m just doing trials now. I’m doing engravings with total time of few minutes,for now.

And in few minutes you notice that the laser beam decrease in intensity?
Can you make a little video? Load it in YouTube and post here the link

1 Like

I shall send the photos first, if that isn’t sufficient I’ll send the video.

1 Like

Waiting for whatever you wanna post

1 Like

@killrob have a look at this image

Do the test at different locations on the bed. You might have a misaligned beam at different locations. OMTech Co2 correct?

1 Like

Yeah,as u said some locations are fine . It’s a made from China laser ,the brand name is yongli.

If it burns correctly in say the center and doesn’t burn correctly in say the front left the beam is getting out of alignment and not contacting your project.
Check this video out.

2 Likes

Please do see this video 15 November 2021 - YouTube . When I fire the laser ,there are two beams coming out of the nozzle.

That is out of alignment. Is it 2 beams just in that area or everywhere?

2 Likes

Anywhere if I fire the laser, it’s two beams hitting the workpiece.

Yes, definitely check the alignment before trying to do any more projects.

2 Likes

Okay… Thanks a lot

Also set max power on the controller to around 10-15% while aligning it. You don’t want max power bouncing around.

2 Likes

There’s no shortage of videos on how to align your laser. Jeff is correct. Start with the machine itself. Make sure it’s level, then the tube, then the mirrors. It can be very frustrating to align so don’t give up!

This video talks about the theory of it. Laser goggles are a MUST. There will be times you might have one or more of the doors open to see where it hits. Make sure no animals , kids or people are around. And only pulse the laser as quick as you can or you’ll vaporize the tape and catch it on fire. If the beam is WAY off, I use sticky notes to see where it hits.

3 Likes

He has an air bubble in his tube. In the video lol

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I watched this one, but I think he said he didn’t care about the tube. But yeah, he’s got an air bubble.

2 Likes

@killrob @micrololin
As I was aligning the mirror and suddenly the laser won’t fire, my controller is KT 332N. What could possibly be the problem.