Encountered this issue over the weekend. Got a laser power fault error. Power cycling the machine did not seem to do anything (Fault still present after cycling the power) Checked the laser tube connections and nothing seemed off. Going into diagnostic menu ,then pressing the reset button in lower left of the control panel on the machine seems to get rid of the issue temporarily.
The first time this happened was this past saturday 7/24. after hitting the reset button the machine ran through multiple engraving jobs without issue until today 7/29, when it happened multiple times.
just some random troubleshooting notes in case it maters
- when it occurs we are unable to pulse / test fire the laser
- has not cut out in the middle of a bitmap scan/raster jobs (have run over 20 hours of machine time between 7/24 and 7/29)
- error triggered during low power cut operations ( 15% power)
- have not had to run a low power cut job since 7/24 until today 7/29
- some time ago (about a year?) I noticed we could not set laser power below 15%. If the power in the job was set to 5% or 10% from the computer the machine will change it to 15%. We cannot manually set the power lower from the machine control panel (defaults to 15% if attempted to set lower) . We use these low power cut operation to put outlines onto paper that we lined the bed to assist with material placement. We have just increased the speed of the cut in the jobs to compensate.
Just short of the 3 year mark on this laser.
laser tube: F4(100-120w)
controller is RDC6442S-B(EC)