Laser unlocked notice

For what it’s worth I’m guessing what happened is that you set homing to include Z axis when you reverted settings. That was calling for Z axis to home which was never working since you don’t have an active Z on your laser.

I suggest you upgrade to the latest firmware so that this works correctly in LightBurn going forward.

where do you find the latest firmware for lightburn

Note that LightBurn itself has no firmware to update and is entirely software based.

Also note that this thread was referring to an Ortur Laser Master 2 which would have different needs than the xTool D1 Pro listed on your profile.

The issue here is the firmware itself - Ortur made a version of the firmware for which the ‘normal’ state of the ‘homing’ setting is “43” instead of “1”. The spec for GRBL states that the $22 setting (homing enable) is a boolean, meaning it’s 0 or 1 to mean off or on, and when they changed it to include other settings, it meant that any software expecting the documented 0 or 1 behavior would no longer work correctly.

The $RST=* command resets all settings to their factory defaults, which works, but will also wipe any other settings if you’ve made changes. Entering $22=43 into the console will correct just the homing issue, or you can update your firmware to a newer version released by Ortur, as they’ve now corrected this.

1 Like

I upgraded to lightburn 1.2.03 and since I did that everything on my machine has gone wrong I cannot do anything anymore, the coordinates are all off how do I go back to the last one I had before I updated it

Your issues are most likely unrelated to the update and is just coincidental in timing.

If you want to try going back you can uninstall the current version and install any prior release. These are all available here:
Releases · LightBurnSoftware/deployment (github.com)

Else you may want to start a new Topic explaining the issues you’re experiencing and see if it can get resolved.

1 Like

I recently built grblHAL for some lasers with the JL1 board(STM32F103) and was surprised when I had LightBurn export the settings and not only did it change the $22 mask from “9” to “true” it also failed to create XML entries for grblHAL settings which weren’t part of grbl.

Is there a place in the forum we can discuss this and options for LightBurn to support new firmware’s grbl settings?

You could just create a new post in the GRBL topic.

LightBurn only knows to look for a specific set of settings, and it knows what format each of them is supposed to be. If you need to export / import settings that don’t follow the base GRBL spec (which states that $22 is a boolean), then you’d have to just capture the $$ output from the console, then run it back through as a command or macro.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.