Laser with Lightbrurn line with GRBL dot

Hi,
I noticed that even if I focus using the program Lightburn from the laser I get a line, thin but still a line, but if I use the program GRBL the laser becomes a dot.
How can I make it so that even with Lightburn the laser is a dot?

I forgot to mention that I have an Ortur Laser Master, the one they call 20w.

Another thing I don’t know is what to choose when I connect Lightburn ala laser, X-Carve and I don’t remember what other choice it gave me.

This is normal as diodes often focus to a line, not a point. You can also try running a ramp test to see if the focus point can be made any smaller or not.

But if it’s normal why do I get a point if I use GRBL?

The software controlling it has nothing to do with the shape of the beam coming from the laser. You might just have LaserGRBL set to a lower power, so the sides of the beam aren’t as visible. If that’s not it, please show pictures of what you mean.

With Lightburn I tried to decrease the power but it always remains a line, thinner but always a line. With GRBL whether I choose a low or high power it always remains a dot.

That looks like the power level in GRBL is just a lot higher, and obscuring the fact that it’s a line. It’s normal for it to be a line. Try increasing the power of the ‘Fire’ button in LightBurn until it’s the same brightness as the GRBL one.

I promise you there is nothing I (or anyone else) can do from the software that will change the shape of your laser output.

Ok I believe you, I had the doubt that it was a software problem because I noticed that depending on the direction of engraving (vertical, horizontal or diagonal) the cut is more or less sharp. Seeing the line instead of the point I thought that if a line runs vertically it makes a certain engraving, if it runs horizontally the same line will make another type of engraving.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.