LB trial won't work

LB keeps saying over and over that i have to find my device. it finds it and finally says finish. I click finish and soon as I do a window pops up and says I have to find device. This goes on over and over again, never ends !!
It also keeps asking for a Lic. # How do I get a lic. # for a free trial that doesn’t work ???
Randy
ps: The reason I’m trying free trial is make sure LB will work on this brand new windows 10 pc that I bought just for one laser and nothing else. Soon I will have all my lasers having their own dedicated PCs doing nothing but running L.B.,

Trial license does require a key. It just happens to be one that is designated as a trial key. You can get a trial key by pushing “Activate Trial”.

sorry, there is no “activate trial” - only activate LIc., buy lightburn and extend trial – I have now uninstalled / reinstalled LB a total 5 times now thinking that I might get the trial version, - nope, I only get the buy now version. And I’m clicking on the download/trial button !!
Randy

Then it’s likely that you’ve already activated the trial. Can you take a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Well the program shows that I have used 3 days on my trial period. But still the same problem is there.
LB says, find my device. LB finds my device, I go through all the steps. LB tells me I’m on com 3 and to click finish, so I do. Then, when I close the device window another window pops up and says find device. And this loophole never quits at all !!!
Randy

Is a device listed in the Devices window after you click Finish? Can you take a screenshot?

Alternatively, try creating the device manually.

I can try because I’m not on the new pc. It’s win-10 and I hate it!!! It took me an hour to figure out how to do an uninstall. Still haven’t found my way into files yet so I can make new files to copy to. After completing
the device find, the device window shows that it found “Ortur - lm2”. Now I click the —Never mind I figured it out. I’m using a 10" screen, with a mini pc. My device window is to large so I had to shrink it down some, then I saw the ok button at the bottom of the window and I pushed it and my laser came alive. Now I fill like a real stupid jerk !!! Thank you for trying to help me out. Now I just have to figure out how to shrink the entire LB window or find a way to scroll up and down. The screen width is fine, just to long for a 10"er.
Anyway - thank you again.
Randy

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: LightBurn - 100W Galvo Trial Key

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.