Lens Calibration issue on Linux

Hi,
I am running LB on Lubuntu : Ubuntu 21.10 (Impish Indri) and Desktop Desktop: LXQt 0.17.1. - This is in the workshop, where the laser is.
I have a windows version in the office (Windows 10). As I am building an enclosure, I was looking to add a camera to the system. For this reason, I bought a pretty simple USB camera. It works ok on windows and on LB windows version. Under Lubuntu, I can see the camera in guvcview, but in LB is shows black (although I can select the camera in the dropdown). In lens calibration, again I can select the camera, but the next button is greyed out.

I couldn’t read anything in the manual when the next button would be greyed out. I found this item Linux camera lens calibration black screen and executed the commands
sudo adduser $USER dialout && sudo adduser $USER tty && sudo adduser $USER video
sudo reboot
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-*

So camera woks under ubuntu, camera is recognized in LB under windows, camera is not recognized in LB under ubuntu.

I am probably missing something really obvious…

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.