Linux camera lens calibration black screen

Linux POP-OS 20.04 lts
Lightburn 0.9.24
Found issue while trying to set up camera Lens Calibration the Camera view window will only show a black screen. getting gst_vaapi_window_x11_new_with_xid: assertion ‘xid != None’ failed
only work around so far is to sudo apt remove gstreamer1.0-vaapi which allows you to get video back to Camera view but the os complains about it needing the gstreamer vaapi for pop-desktop

Officially we support Ubuntu 16+ and Fedora 28+, anything else is “your mileage may vary”.

The solution, as you have found, is to make sure you have the correct gstreamer which you seem to have done. Not much can be done about this version of Linux complaining that it doesn’t like that.

can i get another trail license to give ubuntu 20.04.2 and or ubuntu 21.04 a try

Pop you trial key here, I know a guy. :wink: I can see what we can do.

here you go
9ec70d6d-598f-438a-9e5c-da28c1e486ff

Done. You should now have another 30 days.

Thank you
KDE neon User Edition Fresh Install
this is what is needed for camera to work
sudo adduser $USER dialout && sudo adduser $USER tty && sudo adduser $USER video
sudo reboot
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-*

if you don’t run the last command it will give you an error
Setting camera to “/dev/video0”
Error: cannot create camera service, the ‘camerabin’ plugin is missing for GStreamer 1.16.
Please install the ‘bad’ GStreamer plugin package.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.