LighBurn doesn't recognize laser

Severly frustrated, I have a Universal Engraver 3000, LightBurn doesn’t recognize my laser, and it is not listed under the manual device setup. I installed the FTDI and nothong happened yet again. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome,

what type of controller do you have on the machine.

Hi Roy, unfortunately i have no idea and the 2 page set of instructions is all in Chinese. !
I have included a photo of the controller. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thx!

Hang in there buddy! We are all here to help one another. I wish I knew but Unfortunately I don’t but some others will chime in soon

Cheers

Sasquatch

That board looks like an Arduino Nano and a pair of stepper drivers, though that doesn’t help with what firmware it’s running. It would need to be GRBL in order to be compatible with LightBurn. Is there stock software included with the machine that works? Is there anything you can determine from running that?

It may be the Arduino nano CH 340

Thx Sasquatch i appreciate it. I’m entirely new to the laser engraver game so setting it up was the easy part. LOL

Hi Oz, from what I can get from the directions since they are not in English I believe there are drivers and software (BenBox possibly) but have no idea what to do with them LOL since I can’t read the directions. I connected the laser to the USB port but no screens came up. I

ve include pics from my not so handy dandy 2 page instruction booklet

An Arduino Nano clone will need CH340 drivers rather than FTDI drivers.

Here’s a good starting point: https://sparks.gogo.co.nz/ch340.html

ok thx for the heads up!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.