LightBurn 0.9.00 released

Why not do public betas? Do you have a bug tracker set up?

must say the response time to fix reported bugs is outstanding.

It will always be a case of a few wrinkles to iron out during software devolepment, but this new release to fix all reported issues so quickly is superb. The dwell time has also been fixed and now shows correct.

I was contemplating between purchasing Lightburn and another well known laser software. This response to bugs, author interaction, and the pure ease of using the programme as a laser novice, means I will be paying for the full version. It’s head and shoulders above the rest I have tried. Thanks go to Oz.

1 Like

I’d gladly volunteer as a beta tester… sign me up please!

Hi there.
Tnx for the release. Installed and working perfect. Amazing software.
Where can I find a ‘new release features’ for this new release?

Thanks.

Did you bother trying the link in the first post of this thread? No? Well give it a shot.

As Blake is subtly hinting at, the link in the original post has a full list of all changes.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help :wink:

I had to roll back to 0.8.07
As soon as I installed I could not connect to my Mini-Gerbil board. Tried deleting the machine and installing again but didn’t work. I went to try and do a manual install of the machine. But gerbil isn’t there anymore.
Anyway rolled back and works with 0.8.07 on windows 10

after your adjusting its working fine now thx alot

regards rob

Did you try 0.9.01, or just 0.9.00? (0.9.01 fixed a comm issue with most GCode boards)

Yes 0.9.01. I jys installed again to make sure. Console reads Waiting for connection.

The board isn’t there because it’s only the firmware LightBurn cares about - make sure you’re using GRBL as the driver type. What did you choose? (You might also need to choose a COM port)

Yep chose GRBL and com3 but nothing

Snippet form log 14:45:47.295 D: “Connecting…” busy: false state: 1

I might have to get Paul to send me one for testing. @Grumpy_Old_Man, have you tried your Mini Gerbil with the latest release yet?

Do you mean latest board firmware? or Lightburn version. Sorry tad confused. The board is only a couple of weeks old So I assume iti s the latest.

Anthony has one. I’m asking if he has tested the latest LightBurn with that board.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Preview Time Est. looks to be longer

Not yet, can give it a shot later today.