LightBurn 0.9.08 (and now 0.9.09) - An early holiday gift for our users

Had an interesting condition:

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1 LB 0.9.09

Started up and. a few seconds later it informed me that there was an update, and not thinking I let it do it’s thing.

Looking at the update it was for the version I’m currently running and there’s now a LightBurn V0.9.09-2.dmg in my Download folder.

Not an issue and when I restarted LB, it hasn’t prompted me again.

I didn’t download 9.08, I went straight from 9.07 to 9.09, if it is any consequence.

Happy to dump logs if you need to.

There is now a patch updater in place as well. You’ll actually get different builds based on build date, even if the version number hasn’t changed, and we may use this occasionally to push small fixes.

I see - so I do or I don’t need to run the DMG and replace the existing version?

You should, yes.

Cheers.

I don’t feel any different, tho >.<

9 posts were split to a new topic: How to continue after failed resume?

OZ, okay, that would be great.
Meanwhile I did some Gimp image manipulation, cut off the image where I need to pick the burn back up, traced it again, overlayed the new trace on top of the existing one, use the Set Laser position on a noticeable marker on my physical object, turned off the CNC controller board to manually align the laser to that point and turn that back on. It… seems… to be working. I can’t believe it! Thanks for all the help everyone.
Regarding this thread… Resume button didn’t work with this version and upgrades may put you back into beginner mode.

Not a big deal for myself but very handy at times but show last position cross hairs have stopped working since updating to 0.9.08

That might also be related to continuous jog. The old system would jog in steps, based on where it knew you were now, so it was easy to update the cross hair location. If you turn off $J jogging, or use the Click-to-position feature you should still get the position update, and it also updates when you click ‘Get Positions’. I’ll make a note to have that checked when jogging is released.

@adammhaile - do you want to take that one?

Thanks will take a look as as soon as Im back near my machine

Can you give this build a try? I want a few people with previous issues to sign off on it before I release this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WTQspFC6cp0SGOBwdT7-sx1Q9VvKzS2j/view

The position update issue is fixed.

1 Like

is there going to be a video for this

We’ll be doing videos for a number of the new features, yes. Many of them are already in the documentation already. Is there a specific one you’re referring to here?

Update fix all good, awesome work. Thank you

|No I have seen them all and they are great, i just find it easy to understand the videos|

Is it possible to choose where temp files are stored? My docs file is on a cloud device and after LB closes I always get a prompt to validate the deletion of the temporary file. I’d like to get it to use my temp directory on the local hdd.

I would love this… but I only get previews on new files and only on one computer. My other two systems won’t show the previews and if I open change and resave a file I still have no previews. Any suggestions.

I meant most of the new features are in the docs already (snaps, print & cut, and others) but yes, I’ll be doing more videos.

You have to re-save existing files to get previews for them - the preview is stored in the file when you save.

I haven’t figured out yet why many computer systems don’t show them. Likely a missing library, but because of how this patches in to Windows it’s really hard to debug.

Maybe I got lucky and my system allows this where others may not.
My process: import previous saved LB file into the work space, click the save tab, click on same previous saved file of the same name, click save. That’s it. ALL of them have saved with preview the next time you look for it. I now have about 225 previews in LB and probably another 500 or more to go.