Lightburn application crashes during Device Discovery Wizzard

Running Mac Catalina OS with lightburn software. Connecting to a Rabbit (brand) Laser via USB. The application crashes when I attempt to flow through the device discovery wizzard.

Turn off Bluetooth and try again (and you can re-enable when done).

I will say that MacOS with a USB connection is going to be a pain - MacOS ships with a device driver that conflicts with the driver used by many lasers. Connecting with an Ethernet cable is a little more effort to set up, but will ultimately be more stable for you.

Thanks for the tips I will try without bluetooth tonight. I’ll also try the ethernet setup. What extra is involved? Putting a static IP on the laser?

You can follow the setup information here: How do I connect a Ruida controller with Ethernet?

It’s not terribly hard, it’s just not automatic, and once in while a home router or firewall will interfere with it. Start with the above, and see how you make out. Using a cable is recommended over wireless, as the Ruida networking is very rudimentary, and gives up if even a single packet is dropped. Wired from the PC to the laser is very stable though, and about twice as fast as USB.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.