LightBurn Classes in NE Ohio

Does anyone know if there is a LightBurn class available in NE Ohio?

I doubt it, but look for @richfaraone 's tutorials, they’re pretty informative!

3 Likes

Is there something in particular that you are wanting some assistance to achieve? ell us what you are trying to do, and we might be able to provide some suggested workflows. :slight_smile:

We also offer a Simple Project section of the Beginner Walkthrough in our documentation to help with some basics, which is a good start: Beginner Walkthrough - LightBurn Software Documentation

1 Like

This is the message I get each time I try to run the job on my Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro. It stops at the same spot every time. I tried to enter the code to clear it, but it would not take it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Walt

Starting stream

Layer C02

[SC7A20:(300) Shock and Movement detected! Check TroubleShooting Section in User Manual.]

Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro Ready!

OLF 152.

[MSG: Flame detector active,Ambient infrared value:4092]

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]

error:9

G-code locked out during alarm or jog state.

On or near line 66:

Job halted

Stream completed in 0:06

Hi Walt,

This is a common shock problem with the safety feature on the LM2 Pro. You may have been cutting small corners too fast.

1. As the message says, type $X in the command line on the Console tab to unlock the laser. Once you have unlocked the laser, type $RST=* and press Enter to reset the default GRBL settings. Or you can right click on the Devices button on the laser tab.
  2. Check your GRBL settings by typing $$ in the command line of the Console tab and look for line $33. The default setting is 250. When running a job with small corners at high speed, this will cause an error 9, shock and movement alarm and shut down the laser. Change this setting to 1000 by typing $33=1000 and pressing Enter in the command line.

Additionally, if you do a lot of work with small pieces at high speed, you can go into your Device Settings and click on the GCode tab and in the box that says Start GCode, add this line:
$33=1000 and click OK.
This will automatically set the shock parameter to 1000 at the start of each job.

NOTE: This is a resolve to your problem, and I don’t necessarily recommend its use! What I do recommend is for you to slow your speed down so the laser doesn’t experience shock & movement. By using this hack, the laser will continue to operate and run the job, however, you may/will experience lost steps on the timing belts possibly resulting in a poor quality or a misaligned engraving.

Diode lasers are slow, and you have to understand this at the get-go. And while lots of folks will hack the code to get faster results, it’s not the proper way to use the laser. Changing the recommended settings for more speed and bypassing the factory preset can/may/will cause premature wear of your rollers, timing belts & stepper motors and produce a less desirable product. Use at your own risk…

Rich

1 Like

Rich,

I tried using the $33=1000 in the past, but that did not solve the problem. Today I wanted to make a plaque on a piece of oak. I tried using fill only and a bold script font on a slower speed 1200 at 40% power which resulted in the same error code. I then reduced the speed to 600 at 30% power and still received that error code. Each time the laser would stop at about the same spot. When I first got the laser, I was able to complete a small project with some restarts, but it has never worked when using fill or line and fill. I can complete the same project using line only. It handles line only with no problem. I’m wondering if there could be a streaming problem with the firmware in the Ortur Laser. Any thoughts or is there a possibility we could talk over the phone at your convenience? I’m willing to pay you for your time. The laser works fine when using line only. I have been right clicking the Devices button to reset the default GRBL settings.
Your help is greatly appreciated. Walt

Just a stab in the dark but what are your acceleration settings? $120 and $121. Maybe try lowering them. My guess is that if you are using fill, where your axis is going from full throttle one direction, to immediately the opposite direction, may be tripping your shock setting. While in line mode, most likely, since I haven’t seen the shape you are cutting, is making less then a complete about-face, which in turn will produce less of a “shock”. Even if you lower your speed, your acceleration value is the same, hence the shock of directional changes remains constant. Again, just a guess.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.