Lightburn Device Setting for Ortur LM3 20w

Any Lightburn user in this group with an LM3 20W that is working just fine? If so, can you please share screenshots of your Devices Settings? I contacted Ortur support and am getting different answers to what my setting needs to be. I’d love to take a look at yours so that I can just copy it. If you’re willing to share, please go to in Lightburn: Edit–>Device Settings
And take screenshot of the “Basic Settings” tab, “G-code” tab, and “Additional Settings” tab. All within the Device Settings window that pops up. Thank you.

The G-code tab shows start and end macros for doing some pretty exotic stuff. None of this should be necessary to get you going.

The Additional Settings tab shows the Simulator Settings, which you don’t need to fiddle with while setting up.

In the Basic settings tab the most complicated settings are the working size.

For width and height I would use 400mm based on the published values from Ortur.

https://ortur.tech/latest-firmware/

Which answers did you get and where is the conflict?

Hi John, I think part of the problem is related to connection issues to laser from my Mac. But on Basic Setting, do you have to have “Relative Z moves only” and “Optimize Z moves” checked? And also, the “Additional Settings” tab, I was asked to click “Read from controller”. In the few different tries - at times the value of Maximum Speed X etc. all change when I click “Read from Controller” but other times it does not. But you are sayng I do not need to do anything in that tab?

This is an interesting point. The Ortur doesn’t use the CH340 driver and Mac computers famously disagrees with FDTI serial communication, so I think you’re on to something here. :slight_smile:

This seems like a reasonable next step:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8297132

I would turn Z-Axis off for a month (or two) until flat work is excellent and some speed and percent power tests are run. It’s a whole other dimension of complexity. I recommend strategic procrastination here.

The additional Settings are Simulation settings related to the Preview Feature.

The actual settings are in the Machine Settings window (under Edit in the top row) and you can read them with the Read button toward the bottom on the Right hand side of that window.

I usually find that watching the Console window is more responsive and the ‘Show all’ switch in the window will echo what LightBurn is saying to your engraver.

When the serial driver is in place and working well you should see a fairly elaborate message from the Ortur LM3 in the Console window in LightBurn. Feel free to select and copy the text (you can scroll the text up and down in the window) and paste that information into a reply here.

Ortur worked tirelessly to make the Firmware on the LM3 very stable and to improve the customer experience at every turn. Those first messages will offer a firmware version number and let us know if that is also a next reasonable step. :slight_smile:

thanks for continued support john. appear to be on firmware 211 even though official release is 210. output from console. i’ve just x’d out a couple things but everything else is as is:

Waiting for connection…

Port failed to open - already in use?

Waiting for connection…

[MSG:25:Info: USB SERIAL STREAM CONNECTED]

Ortur Laser Master 3 Ready!

OLF:211.

OLH:OLM_ESP_PRO_V2.4B.

OLM:GENERAL.

GrblHAL 1.1f [‘$’ or ‘$HELP’ for help]

ok

[ORIGIN:China]

[PRODUCER:ORTUR]

[AUTHOR:LEADIFFER]

[MODEL:Ortur Laser Master 3]

[OLF:211]

[OLH:OLM_ESP_PRO_V2.4B]

[OLM:GENERAL]

[DATE:20230417]

[SN:xxxx]

[VER:1.1f.20220325:]

[OPT:VNZHS+W,63,32767,3,0]

Target buffer size found

[NEWOPT:ENUMS,RT+,HOME,NOPROBE,TC,SED,UD,CLU,WIFI,FTP,TMC=7,SD,ITG,GT,YRR]

[FIRMWARE:grblHAL]

[NVS STORAGE:*FLASH]

[DRIVER:ESP32-S2]

[DRIVER VERSION:220327]

[DRIVER OPTIONS:GIT-NOTFOUND]

[BOARD:Ortur Laser Master 3]

[TYPE:OLM3]

[CLUSTER:16]

Cluster size found

[WIFI MAC:xxxx]

[IP:192.168.xx.xx]

[PLUGIN:Power Detecter v1.0]

[PLUGIN:Power Control v1.0]

[PLUGIN:gyroscope sensor v1.0]

[PLUGIN:Trinamic v0.09]

[PLUGIN:SDCARD v1.05]

[PLUGIN:ITG STREAM v1.00]

[PLUGIN:ESP32 WebUI v0.03]

[PLUGIN:GADGET v1.00]

[PLUGIN:YRR v1.00]

ok

Homing

<Home|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:63,32767|FS:0,0|CL:0,0|PS:2,0|VA:24578,21|Ov:100,100,100|A:SFM|H:1,7>

<Home|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:63,32767|FS:1131,0|CL:0,0|PS:2,0|VA:24564,23|A:SFM>

ok

[MSG:76:Info: WIFI STA DISCONNECTED]

[MSG:75:Info: WIFI STA KEEP TRYING CONNECT …]

[MSG:74:Info: WIFI STA ACTIVE]]

[MSG:77:Info: Get IP 192.168.xx.xx]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.