Lightburn DXF file cutout problems

Hello all!
I want to start out by saying I have a dell inspiron 15 7000 laptop that I use with my
IWECOLOR 10W Laser Engraver, 60W Higher Accuracy Laser Engraving Machine, Compresed Spot 0.06x0.06mm. - runs on Marlin software

the problem I am having is that if I am cutting out pieces it will only cut the first piece and then the laser will not be on but it will continue to act like it is cutting the rest of the pieces out.

to further explain I am trying to cut out a Star wars Xwing Starfighter – DXF FILES for my daughter I am currently cutting it from cardboard as either my machine or lightburn software is not allowing me to cut all pieces out. I have uninstalled the driver for the IWECOLOR re-installed the software, as well as uninstalled lightburn and installed the latest software as of 4/4/2024 - v1.5.06. w/ air assist

I have tried to select all cut pieces and grouped as one, I have tried to layer them in groups of 2 -3 pieces each, the only way I can cut pieces is 1.) to let it cut a piece, 2.) stop the program and delete the cut piece and 3.) restart the program and let it cut the next piece; then repeat these steps.

Do you mind supplying the .lbrn2 project file so we can see how you have it set up.

If it’s got multiple layers, ensure these are set to output.

Have you watched it using preview preview?

:smile_cat:

Hello JKwilborn,

I have the file attached, this one only has the layers as the file was downloaded and used with the same problems and not altered. I have watched the preview and it goes along like nothing is wrong. I have attached screen shots as well.

xwing file.lbrn2 (178.6 KB)

I don’t see anything that should or could be an issue, like you describe.

I’d ensure all the cabling is seated well or a generally overall check of the wiring between the laser module and the control board.

Sounds like it’s losing supply power or pwm signal after the first object… Is this repeatable?

If you rotate the image does the failure point change?

I have checked cables, and replaced them and still have the same problem, If i rotate the image it will do the same thing. It will cut the first object and will just act like its cutting the next one but no laser at that time. If i stop the program and delete the just cut piece it will continue to cut the next piece and then act up again. If i laser fill words or an image it works perfectly fine and will complete the project with no problems running power % from 35 -100%. Its only when cutting out pieces. should I change the file type to something different ?

Is it this machine?

There isn’t a need to remove and re-install software… this is some other issue.

Does it work OK with other artwork? I didn’t run it on anything, but I don’t see how you could get it to what it’s doing via software.

Can you use a voltmeter?

My next step would be to check the the pwm output to the laser module. This will tell you if the signal is making it there. If it’s signal is correct then the issue is after the controller…

Have you tried lowering the power so you eliminate chances of it over heating or drawing too much current?

@berainlb is pretty good with these… maybe he can shed some light on the issue or how to troubleshoot it… hang in there

Good luck

I can use a voltmeter, I will reduce power and run a test and update tomorrow.

Sorry to step in
You could try enabele emit Svalue.

Edit: just now see you have a Marlin device, I think Marlin has specific codes?, and the forum has topics about it.

I appreciate the input I will try this as well today.

One approach to checking the information sent to the engraver is to Export the GCode from LightBurn into a file on the hard drive and then import it back in again to see if part of the work is omitted.

Save your current project so you can come back to it.

Click File, click Save GCode, and save the file somewhere convenient.

Click File, then New.

Click Import and select the GCode file you just saved.

This will show the settings that were sent to the engraver.
If the units of speed change significantly, adjustments to the settings will be required.

After a quick look to confirm all the shapes are present, or to confirm which shapes might be missing, re-open your original file and look for what might be missing.

I have changed / done everything mentioned above in the thread:

• Emit S value with every G1 command
  • Save your current project so you can come back to it.
    • it looked the same after reloading it

SOLVED my problem with it only cutting one piece and not cutting rest.

I appreciate all of your advice. I will try this again (save and reload) with the next DXF file and see the outcome.

thanks again.

I have seen this issue in a few GRBL devices
it would make sense to reach your manufacturer and inform them they have a issue of Svalue Persistency on their firmware.
Probably they forked it from a bugged firmware.

If you could report to the manufacturer
or. give us brand/model

IWECOLOR 10W Laser Engraver, 60W Higher Accuracy Laser Engraving Machine, Compresed Spot 0.06x0.06mm. - runs on Marlin software

I have emailed them and have gotten no answer, and their site has no firmware updates etc ( IWECOLOR Laser Engraving Machine 5W/10W Output Power, Laser Cutter And CNC Laser Engraver Machine )
LongJing Park, Shenzhen, China
support@iwecolor. com
sales@iwecolor. com
Whatsapp 2135348399

1 Like

Suspect they are running a MKS board. taking notes, see what i can dig :smiley:

1 Like