Lightburn on Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia not work with NEJE Master 2S plus 30W

try just running this from your home directory to create the proper directory and then rerun lightburn:
git clone http://github.com/dlarue/LightBurnLibs

I’ve found that I too was not getting the expected results from that original script. The LightBurnLibs directory was not getting created in the correct location. By you manually running the git command from your /home/YOURID directory it should work.

can you type “ls LightBurnLibs” to show/list the directory contents?

Skærmbillede fra 2021-04-22 18-34-02

I just updated the script. can you remove the LightBurnLibs directory and recreate it? Commands:
cd
rm -rf LightBurnLibs
git clone http://github.com/dlarue/LightBurnLibs
cd LightBurnLibs
chmod +x ./lightburn
./lightburn

i changed it and run the script again. No sucess, LB does not manage to start up before it goes down again. (with usb camera connected)Skærmbillede fra 2021-04-22 18-41-04

is there any output after you entered the ./lightburn command?

if you mean an error message -no

anything?
I get all this:

dlarue@Lenovo-Z70-80:~ cd LightBurnLibs/ dlarue@Lenovo-Z70-80:~/LightBurnLibs ./lightburn
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionEdit_Text_closed(int)
connected
“Lenovo EasyCamera: Lenovo EasyC” “/dev/video0”
“USB 2.0 Camera: HD USB Camera” “/dev/video1”
Port open succeeded
“USB 2.0 Camera: HD USB Camera” “/dev/video1”
Setting camera to “/dev/video1”
issuing buffer check
res: 320 x 240
res: 640 x 480
res: 800 x 600
res: 1024 x 768
res: 1280 x 720
res: 1280 x 1024
res: 1920 x 1080
default: -1 x -1
Setting res: 1920 x 1080
Port open succeeded
Unable to find camera “/dev/video1”
Unable to find camera “/dev/video1”

If you are not seeing LightBurn even trying to start, which should spit out something on the console, then we have to figure out where you have LightBurn installed.

By default on Ubuntu it gets installed with the LightBurn-Linuxxxxxx.run command into this directory:
~/.local/share/LightBurn

example on my system shows the following:
dlarue@Lenovo-Z70-80:~$ ls ~/.local/share/LightBurn/
AppRun languages lib LightBurn LightBurn.png plugins qt.conf translations

what exactly do you mean here, sorry maybe I started LB incorrectly, I just use my icon on desktop to start the program

You can’t start LightBurn from the desktop icon and get any use of the things I’m helping you with.
You need to start LightBurn from the console window using the file called “lightburn”

understood, I try again

What we are doing here is the following:

LightBurn needs other software on Linux to get the camera working so starting LightBurn normally will not yet get you that extra software.

The extra software in in the LightBurnLibs/gstreamer-1.0 directory but we NEED LightBurn to know it exists. So we create a command file called a script which sets up things so that LightBurn knows about these extra software files. This command script also starts LightBurn.

The last night of that script:
GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH={lbLibsDIR}/{gstLibs} $lbCMD

is the magic sauce. It’s really doing the following command which you could enter on the commandline:
GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH=~/LightBurnLibs/gstreamer-1.0 ~/.local/share/LightBurn/LightBurn

1 Like

That was weird! when I started LB in the console, the program with picture from camera came out !!!
To create a screenshot, I shut down LigtBurn and started it from the icon - it will not
But HUGE progress

1 Like

LOL, what was weird was previously when you entered ./lightburn you did not get LightBurn starting but now you do. The whole purpose of that script, lightburn, is to start LightBurn but with added camera libraries.

It looks like your system is still missing some libraries. Maybe there is a gstreamer package you can install. Please find a Linux Mint forum and search for gstreamer to see if there’s something you can install and then try starting LightBurn again using the lightburn script.

On my system it’s called libgstreamer1.0-0 and I’ve installed it using sudo apt install libgstreamer1.0-0 and it might be where my system is getting the extra libraries your system is not finding.

1 Like

As I see it, it works if I start LightBurn from the terminal, I have to test and try a little more to be able to understand it better.
I think this is a huge step forward and I’m sure Adam from LightBurn will be able to use your important information.
You should have 1000 thanks for your efforts. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hey Doug,
I just want to tell you that I had the opportunity to play with my Linux Mint/LightBurn and my usb camera today. I have tested, calibrated and used the function for several hours - with zero problems!
I just want to say thank you once again for your very nice effort which benefits all Mint / LightBurn users.

If you (or another console expert) can transform “GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH = ~ / LightBurnLibs / gstreamer-1.0 ~ / .local / share / LightBurn / LightBurn” into a shortcut so I do not have to go through the console every time I start LightBurn , I will be very happy.

Stay healthy everyone and have a good weekend

1 Like

I have a file in my Desktop directory called lightburn.desktop with this contents but you might have to change “$HOME” so it’s a full path from /home/…:

#!/usr/bin/env xdg-open
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=LightBurn 0.9.24
Comment=Better Software For Laser Cutters
#Exec=/home/dlarue/.local/share/LightBurn//LightBurn
#Exec=GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH=/home/dlarue/.local/share/LightBurn/gstreamer-1.0 /home/dlarue/.local/share/LightBurn/LightBurn
Exec=$HOME/LightBurnLibs/lightburn
Icon=$HOME/.local/share/LightBurn//LightBurn.png
#Categories=Engineering;
Categories=Graphics;

Thank you, I will try it out during the day. :+1: