Lightburn running on Masso

Thanks for the link, if I totally fail at laser engraving I will have this to fall back on.

First big step yesterday the laser arrived from Endurance US, quick look says I have to rethink my mounting scheme. Looks like I will need to repurpose the mounts I made for the Foredom. Have to measure and see if I wlll need to order new clamps or if the sizes are close enough.

Just a thought… you may want to sort out the electronics before you sort out the mechanics. Just in case you need to make adjustments.

Probably a good idea, I have to order everything but the laser and mill at this point. All orders placed no the waiting begins.

I correct myself, the laser arrived yesterday and it is indeed a fiber delivered pump on the yag rod. I have ordered the Acorn controller, the mounting hardware I will use to secure the laser to the mill, limit switches and motor mounts for the mill. Sigh… the motor mounts are the long pole in this process all others will be here by Tuesday. The bright not I found yesterday is when my wife reminded me of the OD 7 1064nm goggles that I have been carting around in my moves for the past 20 years. No need to buy new, and the OD is better than any I could find on Amazon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.