Lightburn Software sometimes crashes after moving Z axis down

Hello! I am using GweikeCloud Pro 50W CO2 laser. Sometimes I am having this issue, where my LightBurn Software crashes, after i try to move the laser lens to its desired Z-axis position.

It usually happens like this: I start the machine, run the software, I do my project, set the focus distance Z from the material to its desired position, run the job, it works. After its finished, laser returns to its home position and also the laser head moves up to 0.
Then, after I change the material in the machine and I want to run the same job again, I need to just set the focus position to the same distance it was before. But when I do that, the software crashes (software not responding). Then I need to ALT+F4 the LightBurn, restart the laser machine to make it work again.

Rarely the same thing (software does not respond) happens when I am in the middle of sending the project data to the laser and it only makes half of the job and then stops.

Does someone had the same issue and managed to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
BR David

Hi don’t know if this will help, make sure computer settings are set to never sleep, it could entering sleep mode

Hi, thanks for your idea, but my PC never sleeps. This is not the issue.

Hello, little update to my problem: lightburn is crashing more ofter right now. Pretty much everytime I do some job on my laser, it crashes when I want to start another job.

Sometimes it crashes even when i just start the lightburn software - it just freezes on starting screen and I have to kill it via task manager.

What version of LightBurn are you running?

I am using the latest 1.4.04.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.