Lightburn we have a problem

LIGHT BURN STOPS WHEN ENGRAVING IMAGES. I’ve tried about everything that LB/OZ has suggested with no luck. So today I decided to give GRBL software a try. After 6 tries all burned without stopping! So, Lightburn, it doesn’t look like a hardware problem, USB or CPU, etc. I’m a Mac guy so I had to buy Parallels/Windows in order to run GRBL Software. With that said, Lightburn is still the KING software compared to the GRMBL by far so, I hope LB can resolve this hiccup, PLEASE!

1 Like

@LightBurn this is interesting.

I had just replied to you on the other thread! and sugested you done the very same.
Could it be version dependent, could you try install a lower version of lightburn 9.0.14 and give the same image a try?
Could help greatly

OK, where do I get that?

You can obtain older version, if you scroll down and press 9.0.14 then download the DMG

Do I go to your website to scroll

Try this link direct
https://github.com/LightBurnSoftware/deployment/releases/download/0.9.14/LightBurn.V0.9.14.dmg

To eliminate a different possibility, have you run LightBurn’s PC version in Parallels to see if it also works?

I got down to 9.11 before it would open. Tried to burn and it stopped

Here is my comments from an earlier post.
LIGHT BURN STOPS WHEN ENGRAVING IMAGES. I’ve tried about everything that LB/OZ has suggested with no luck. So today I decided to give GRBL software a try. After 6 tries all burned without stopping! So, Lightburn, it doesn’t look like a hardware problem, USB or CPU, etc. I’m a Mac guy so I had to buy Parallels/Windows in order to run GRBL Software. With that said, Lightburn is still the KING software compared to the GRMBL by far so, I hope LB can resolve this hiccup, PLEASE!

I am not familiar but i assume Parallels, is a WIndows emulator over MacOs?

Yes, as described here: https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

It’s running Windows 10 and Ortur burning images with no problems

I downloaded 9.14 and is not compatible with my OS so, downloaded 11 & 10 and tried to burn, but stopped. Sorry I’m such a pain in the but

That is using Laser GRBL Software.

Thank you. MacOs eludes me. i know the basics only!

1 Like

Oz, spoke with Jim via PMs (@Bach)
He installed as you sugested Lightburn over parallels

heres what he reports:
Lightburn -> mac -> Fails
Lightburn -> PC via paralelles -> WORKS (three burns and no failures.

What does this tell us?

What OS are you running?

I have MacOS machines running half a dozen different versions and never had an incompatibility with LB.

Are you connecting via WiFi?

That he can’t run any newer version of LB than 9.11 on his machine says more.

That is not normal.

Does it? what does it says then?

El Capitan.